New law signed by O'bama is working for me

I have been going back on my CR and pulling up some of the collections for very old bills that CA's are chasing me for. I have gone directly to the OC's which did not have any records of the debt. So my angle is this. If the OC has no records the CA's can't prove the bill exists. So I am approaching with the angle hat they are reporting false information which is causing me financial injury. I have warned them that a law suit may be initiated and the CA's still report and told me they would continue their collection efforts. To start with the bills are all way past SOL, 12 and 15 year old medical bills. I pointed out this fact in my letters to them, and was told that I owe it and I need to pay them. That in my opinion could be considered will full noncompliance of the law as they know they can not collect on these bills.

The CRA's say they verified them. so i went to the OC as the new law states we can. They had no records and was told they don't keep records that old or records after they are sold. so I wrote the CRA's a letter and told them they need to delete the trade lines as the OC says they don not exsist. Was told the usual by the CRA's. I say that is financial injury and will full noncompliance.

So you guys can offer your opinions am I on the right track and do you think my arguments will hold up in court?

well...

To start with the bills are all way past SOL, 12 and 15 year old medical bills. I pointed out this fact in my letters to them, and was told that I owe it and I need to pay them. That in my opinion could be considered will full noncompliance of the law as they know they can not collect on these bills.

*indiana does not have a "statute of repose", which means that just because anything is past SOL DOES NOT mean it's uncollectable! they can go after you forever! They just can't SUE you or threaten to sue you over it...or it's FDCPA violation. They also can't report past the 7 years. But make no mistake, they ARE allowed to try and collect from you forever.

I have been going back on my CR and pulling up some of the collections for very old bills that CA's are chasing me for. I have gone directly to the OC's which did not have any records of the debt. So my angle is this. If the OC has no records the CA's can't prove the bill exists. So I am approaching with the angle hat they are reporting false information which is causing me financial injury. I have warned them that a law suit may be initiated and the CA's still report and told me they would continue their collection efforts. To start with the bills are all way past SOL, 12 and 15 year old medical bills. I pointed out this fact in my letters to them, and was told that I owe it and I need to pay them. That in my opinion could be considered will full noncompliance of the law as they know they can not collect on these bills.

The CRA's say they verified them. so i went to the OC as the new law states we can. They had no records and was told they don't keep records that old or records after they are sold. so I wrote the CRA's a letter and told them they need to delete the trade lines as the OC says they don not exsist. Was told the usual by the CRA's. I say that is financial injury and will full noncompliance.

So you guys can offer your opinions am I on the right track and do you think my arguments will hold up in court?

where can we find this law? u have a URL ?

Just to clarify, there is no Obama Debt Relief law. None. TARP was to bail out financial institutions and AIG in exchange for an equity stake.

There are radio ads that proclaim the "era of gov't bailouts" and "Obama debt relief". They're misleading you to lead you to fork over cash to debt relief agencies.

To the OP, under what law are you suing for financial harm? FDCPA?