I applied online for the TD Bank Platinum card a few weeks ago. I was approved and received it yesterday. It is a decent card so I thought I'd post it to give others a heads up.

The card has 2% cash back for first 6 months, 1% thereafter on all purchases. No annual fee. And the terms are decent.

They gave me a $5000 limit out of the gate. Because of the decent limit and 2%/1% cashback feature, this will be my new card of choice. All other cards are now back in the sockdrawer.

I have a 6yr old BK7 and a credit score around 715-720.

I applied online for the TD Bank Platinum card a few weeks ago. I was approved and received it yesterday. It is a decent card so I thought I'd post it to give others a heads up.

The card has 2% cash back for first 6 months, 1% thereafter on all purchases. No annual fee. And the terms are decent.

They gave me a $5000 limit out of the gate. Because of the decent limit and 2%/1% cashback feature, this will be my new card of choice. All other cards are now back in the sockdrawer.

what credit burea they pulled

I have no idea. I haven't pulled my credit reports lately to find out. When I finally pull a report (end of year) I'll post.

I've always wanted a chase freedom card. This thread inspired me to go ahead and apply this morning. The last two times I applied they told me I did not have enough history. The second time was just over a year ago. Well I hope an average of 16 months of credit history per account with NO lates is good enough. Utilization is at about 14% AND I have a checking account with them. My EX FICO was 754 as of the beginning of July too. If I don't get approved, I'm calling back and asking for recon. If that doesn't work I guess I'll be stuck using the hooters card for a while.

So I got accepted for the Chase Freedom card. Awesome! :D I'm thinking I can at least double the amount of cash back received if I use my hooters for necessary purchases and then transfer the balance to the chase card, but use the chase card instead when spending money in the 5% categories during those time periods. Then of course pay the them off in full as soon as I get the bills.

So I got accepted for the Chase Freedom card. Awesome! :D
That's great!!! These cash back cards are great. I've probably received $300 in cash and gift cards in the past 12 months. Not big money, but definitely helps out....

So I got accepted for the Chase Freedom card. Awesome! :D I'm thinking I can at least double the amount of cash back received if I use my hooters for necessary purchases and then transfer the balance to the chase card, but use the chase card instead when spending money in the 5% categories during those time periods. Then of course pay the them off in full as soon as I get the bills.

1. Cashback rewards are only good on merchandise, i.e., balance transfers don't earn rewards points. ["net purchases only"]
  2. Further, if I'm not mistaken, Chase charges a balance transfer fee of at least 3%, which will wipe out any cost savings.

1. Cashback rewards are only good on merchandise, i.e., balance transfers don't earn rewards points. ["net purchases only"]
  2. Further, if I'm not mistaken, Chase charges a balance transfer fee of at least 3%, which will wipe out any cost savings.

I just double checked and you were right about the terms except the fees for balance transfers is Either $10.00 or 5% of each transaction or transfer, whichever is greater. Also the rewards program does not apply to fees. :) With that I'll just sock drawer my Hooters card.

Either way I still think the Chase Freedom card is one of the best rewards cards out there. :)

I just double checked and you were right about the terms except the fees for balance transfers is Either $10.00 or 5% of each transaction or transfer, whichever is greater. Also the rewards program does not apply to fees. :) With that I'll just sock drawer my Hooters card.

Either way I still think the Chase Freedom card is one of the best rewards cards out there. :)

Wow. 5%. Why not make it 25%?! Are there really people who transfer balances and pay 5% upfront?

I think you're right. Freedom is still one of the better products out there; although, it's a far cry from what it used to be. Then again, everything is relative. Most cards have reduced benefits and rewards programs for the time being.

That's great news Jq. I was wondering what is your income? I'm just curious to know because of the bankruptcy thing. You're can send me mail directly of course, if you'd rather not post it here.

Thanks

I don't share income info, but my wife and I's combined gross monthly dti (debt to income), which is probably the most important factor for approvals, is roughly 28% including two mortgages and a student loan. Hope that helps.