fabi

3 years old Judgment.

This judgment was entered against me 3 years ago. Tried to fight it in the court, but no luck. It is not showing in my credit report.

I would like to contact the CA, and try to settle it, but I am afraid that it would be reported as settled on my credit report.

If I don't ask them to report it as settled, what are the chances to have it showing up in my credit report?

:confused:

If it shows up dispute it with the CRAs. If after they conduct an investigation you disagree with the results the CRAs are required to include your statement in your consumer credit file.

Just make sure if you do decide to contact the creditor you negotiate that they dismiss/vacate the judgment and do everything in writting or else you just may get burned again.

If they agreed, in writing, but after receiving the payment did nothing, what are the legal options? Can we take them to the court?

:!:

If they agreed, in writing, but after receiving the payment did nothing, what are the legal options? Can we take them to the court?

:!:

You could, by using the argument that the agreement to pay a certain amount in return for vacating the judgment constitutes a contract. However, the issue remains that you are already liable for the amount and therefore it could be argued by the other side that there is no consideration to support the agreement and thus, no contract. Generally, however, if the attorney agrees to vacate, that's what will happen --- which leads me to my final point. Make sure these negotiations are conducted only with the attorney of record and no one else.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE JUDGEMENTS TO BE REMOVED OFF YOUR CREDIT?

Generally, 10 years. If the judgment is paid, a Satisfaction should be recorded in the public records which will show the judgment is paid.