Collections Accounts & Drop Off's

siaan

I pull my free annual credit report from all 3 cr's at the end of last year 2009. I went thru each CR and identified accounts that were expected to drop off month by month this year. Actually I have noted on my calender at least 1 to 2 collection accounts to drop each month but varies from one CR to another. Question??? I am noticing new collection agency's collecting on original old debts that have already purged off my report. Basically the account was sold and re-sold and re-sold. How long will this process continue?

Ex. HSB $5000 debt it has purged off all CR's but I have still have CA's calling and sending letters. I thought that when the debt reached its statue of collection it deem uncollectible.

Also I noticed on my CR I was not able to determine when DOL was to validate when the account would purge off my CR. Any suggestions?

I am really hoping to have a clean CR reports by the end of the year with the exception of a repo. don't know how I am going to get that deleted!@!#@!$#%$

Question??? I am noticing new collection agency's collecting on original old debts that have already purged off my report. Basically the account was sold and re-sold and re-sold. How long will this process continue?

I think it can continue to be re-sold for as long as you owe the debt but they can't report it to the CRAs after 7 years of first delinquency. If you're sure they are past the 7yr reporting period, dispute it with the CRAs.

Ex. HSB $5000 debt it has purged off all CR's but I have still have CA's calling and sending letters. I thought that when the debt reached its statue of collection it deem uncollectible.

My understanding is, it's never noncollectable but I may be wrong. I think they can collect on it for as long as you owe it. They just can't report it to the CRAs after 7 years and they can't sue you once the debt is older than Statute of Limitations for your state. If you don't want them to call you or send you letters, send them a C&D letter.

Also I noticed on my CR I was not able to determine when DOL was to validate when the account would purge off my CR. Any suggestions?

Call the OC and ask.

Good luck!