aloha

macy's amer express replacing macy's visa

i've had my macy's visa card for 2 years (got it automatically when i applied for a macy's store card).

i just received a notice in the mail that i will soon receive (before the end of september) the "brand new macy's american express card" that will be replacing macy's visa.

it sounds like there will no longer be a macy's visa - just macy's american express? ( ok with me as long as there is no annual fee - the usual am express annual fee is why i haven't previously applied for one.) the notice i received states: "new card, same great rewards plus new benefits; and no annual fee")

anyone else receive this notice?

:)

ps - the account number will change, so any automatic payments set for macy's visa will need to be changed to the new macy's am express account #

Edited by aloha

I have a macy's card. I have not received this notice yet, but thanks for the heads up!!

Received this notice when I got home last night. So it must be all Macy's cards.

Received this notice when I got home last night. So it must be all Macy's cards.

when i first received the notice, i glanced at it and thought i was being offered an opportunity to change from macy's visa to macy's amer express. on more careful reading, it appeared that macy's visa is being replaced by macy's amer express across the board. i'm so glad they're doing it with "no annual fee" :)

i just received an email notice that my "new" macy's american express card has been mailed and is on its way... and a reminder to activate it when it arrives since the account number will be new.

i'm curious as to whether it will show up on CR with a "new" start date, or if it will retain the 2 years that i already have with macy's visa (since it's not a change that i requested).... hope it doesn't impact my average length of credit history.

eta - the original notice that i received mentioned that any balance on macy's visa at the time of the switch would be applied to the new amer express.

It will very likely start a new tradeline and close the old one, unfortunately. And it may impact your length of credit history.