A sad day today for my family

Methuss

After spending eight years as a funeral director, I have done my share of military burials. Your cousin will always hold a place of honor in my heart for fighting a fight so that we here back home can continue to live in the land of the free. Thank you Paul for the ultimate sacrifice. And thank you for sharing your loss with us.

This is the news release on my cousin for those interrested:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/aug/10/army-medic-killed-afghanistan-known-compassion-mus/news-breaking/

No idea how long it will remain up. DoD only told us on Sunday he was killed in a military operation. Found out from the news he was killed, ironically, by an IED.

This is the news release on my cousin for those interrested:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/aug/10/army-medic-killed-afghanistan-known-compassion-mus/news-breaking/

No idea how long it will remain up. DoD only told us on Sunday he was killed in a military operation. Found out from the news he was killed, ironically, by an IED.

Thank you for sharing the story! He sounds like a wonderful person . . . a true hero in every sense of the word. I'm sure he will be missed by all who knew him!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the funeral was this past Saturday with full military honors. The Sheriff's office blocked off all traffic for the 2 mile long motorcade, even the interstate ramps, and stood at salute at every intersection as we passed.

We had a one-star General in attendance who announced the addition of a Legion of Merit award and a Bronze Star to the expected Purple Heart and commendation medal. And Paulie's college that he was attending when he enlisted conferred it's degree in International Studdies posthumously even though he was 4 classes short of completion.

My cousin, Paul, was killed in action in Afghanistan today...just a few days after being awarded the ARCOM award for trying to save the life of a child that had been critically injured by an IED.

bless you all he will always be a great man and a hero. much respect to those that served and serve to protect our way of life.

Bless you and your family during this difficult time. Knowing he was a hero doesn't erase the pain.

Even though DH arrives home in a few hours for R&R, he still has to go back to Kandahar. This deployment has been a bit more frightening.

Praying for you!