Settlement assistance

ceretta82

Has anyone had success with the following creditors:

GEMB

Barclays Card/ Juniper

I would like to settle these accounts and was wondering if anyone has had any success with the creditors listed above. How much did you settle for and did you get the creditor to delete the tradeline or PFD once payment was made?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

I am in the middle of a settlement agreement with Barclays (Juniper) to pay 45% of the original $10,000 balance (I've paid the first two installments of a 3-installment settlement agreement. I've paid $1000 and on the third installment, must pay approximately $3500). I get different information every time I contact Barclays collections operation customer service representatives. Apparently, upon settlement, they will report to the credit reporting agencies "account settled for less than the original amount" and maybe a statement reflecting that the remainder of the original balance will be "charged off".

What is clear is that a "account settled for less than..." on your credit report will not come off for 7 years and will hurt your chances of getting a home or car loan within that time window or at least ensure that interest rates will be higher than without the remark on your credit report.

So, at this point, I'm trying to request that Barclays/Juniper delete the account from my credit report upon my payment of the remainder of the settlement agreement.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by emceeaye