Question about OC/CA repayment option...

uzforce

Okay, so I am 6 months behind with Chase and they have filed suit against me through Zwickr & a$$. I tried to settle with Z & A but they want about double what I can pay. And, their repayment plan would cost more per month than what I was paying Chase. The last option they gave me was to pay them the full amount of the 6 months I'm behind on and they would submit that to Chase and then my account would revert back to Chase and I would just continue on making payments to Chase like I was before.

My question is has anyone ever heard of this last option at this late stage in the game? The account has not been charged off yet but they have already filed suit against me (although I've yet to be served but I can see on the court website that they did file). Is it still possible at this point for the account to revert back to Chase as long as I pay what's owed for the last 6 months? If this is the case it may be better for me to pay and let it revert back to Chase so that I could then try to work out a payment plan with them in the future instead of Z & A.

Have you DV this. It seems that they don't own the account. If chase still owns the account then they can do this. since this is recent, I think you have work out something with them or they will get a judgment. Chances are they will also reduce your limit to point where you won't actually be able to use the card.

I'm suspicious. Z&A's services aren't free. Somebody's going to pay them. If all Chase gets is what they say you owe, it doesn't make sense.

I'd call Chase...ask for the resolution department...settle with them directly...get it in writing BEFORE you send money.

They will close the account either way.

If you settle thru Z&A, they will still go for the judgement "just in case you fail to keep your agreement"/