melisadawn

Experian-myfico

I went to myfico and the only agencies showing are transunion and equifax. Does anyone know why experian was not there? Did not see a post on this but may have used wrong key words in search.

Experian no longer provides FICO scores to consumers as of February 13 2009.

Here is a little FAQ about it: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Experian-has-stopped-offering/FAQ-for-myFICO-customers-about-Experian-based-FICO-scores/m-p/430219

Experian developed their own score now called the Vantage score and they sell it separately themselves. Their score is not well known or used much at all by lenders. Of course, they are doing everything they can to change the market to make their score the "preferred" score. They even use a diffent score range, 501 to 990. Look here for details: http://www.experian.com/credit-education/credit-score-faqs.html

IMO why buy experian's score? It is not relevant to anything. Do check the report to make sure the information is reporting correctly.

My credit union, Bellco gives me a free EX Fico every quarter. It was almost too incredible to believe, but they're still somehow able to do it.

My credit union, Bellco gives me a free EX Fico every quarter. It was almost too incredible to believe, but they're still somehow able to do it.

Scorch, they get access to your score because they are a business and not a consumer. Its great that your CU gives you the score for free. :mrgreen:

EX just stopped providing FICO scores to consumers and not businesses. Do you know if they score they provide is the Vantage score or the FICO score?

Scorch, they get access to your score because they are a business and not a consumer. Its great that your CU gives you the score for free. :mrgreen:

EX just stopped providing FICO scores to consumers and not businesses. Do you know if they score they provide is the Vantage score or the FICO score?

They told me it was a basic FICO. It did also match the EX FICO score when my lender told me what it was when I was looking for a house.

Too incredible to believe right? :)

Nice to know that your CU still practices good customer service xdancex

They recognize the value in providing a score that the consumer can not get on their own. Two thumbs up :mrgreen:

Well they've been doing it for a long time and they don't openly let it be known that it is a FICO score. I've had to ask a couple people there what scoring model they use in oreder to get a straight answer. :lol:

That's awesome! I wish my credit union offered that service. :( Does it put a hard inquiry on your report?

Nope. Soft. :)

I am trying for a mortgage and was just checking to see if they pulled yet and noticed experian was not on there.

In my opinion, if you're trying for a mortgage you don't need all three. They go by the middle score. Let's say your EQ score is 702, but your TU score is 750, Your middle score can be no lower than 702, but no higher than 750. So it can still give you an idea of what your middle score is.

I just purchased my scores at Myfico. I immediately was taken back by the fact that experian was not there or available.

Experian will be my lowest score so I can assume my middle score. But I still want to get my Experian Fico score. Whats the deal?:confused:

Experian and Fair Isaac (FICO) got in a big contract dispute over how much Experian had to pay for using the model. As a result, Experian stopped selling the FICO score and blocked FICO from accessing reports for the purpose of selling consumer scores. As noted above, businesses can still get a FICO score based on Experian credit reports.

Frankly Experian isn't worth the time. I actually had one car dealer tell me they don't even use it anymore because the reports from Experian are riddled with mistakes. Most people will find Experian to be their lowest score for this reason.