FL4answer58

Famous debt quotes: Add yours

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery

I appreciate the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin. Here are a few of his quotes,

"Rather go to bed with out dinner than to rise in debt."

"Many a man thinks he is buying pleasure, when he is really selling himself to it."

"It is only when the rich are sick that they fully feel the impotence of wealth."

"It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine clothes, fine houses or fine furniture."

"Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants."

"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some. "

"If you know how to spend less than you get, you have the philosopher's stone."

"He that waits upon fortune, is never sure of a dinner."

"Gain may be temporary and uncertain; but ever while you live, expense is constant and certain: and it is easier to build two chimneys than to keep one in fuel."

"Creditors have better memories than debtors."

"Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor."

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"A penny saved is a penny earned."

I appreciate the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin. Here are a few of his quotes,

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

/QUOTE]

Thats rich...

"By law we can not remove inquiries." -CRA

"I never received any letter from the defendant" -CA in court, then I pulled out the signature card and showed judge.:lol:

Edited by Fairy Enchantress
  • Like 1

"A telephone in the hands of a collector is like a crowbar - it can be used to pry the collector's mouth open wide enough to insert his foot." -Flyingifr on Debtorboards

• Like 1

“Preparation. There is no substitute for it. You can have the most talent in the world and be beaten by a lack of preparation. So regardless of your talent level, whether you are a 1 or a 10, make your preparation a 10.”

trial lawyer, Mark Lanier

“A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.”

Rober Frost

“When you go into court, you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty”

Norm Crosby

“To the generous mind the heaviest debt is that of gratitude, when it is not in our power to repay it.”

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by FL4answer58

"A telephone in the hands of a collector is like a crowbar - it can be used to pry the collector's mouth open wide enough to insert his foot." -Flyingifr on Debtorboards

I was going to troll through debtorboards for some of my gems however, this is the only quote I could obtain from your site:

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

You have been banned from DB. Attempts to circumvent this ban are recorded. DB reserves the right to take appropriate actions to assure your compliance with this ban without notice.

This ban is not set to expire

Guest usctrojanalum

The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously. Psalm 37:21

"Finally...You Can Pay Off ALL Your Debts, Including Your Mortgage, In Less Than 10 Years...

Even If You Just Got Your Mortgage Yesterday...AND the More Debts You Have the Better!"

Ad on Google

This one goes out to 'Evil'

"The bank hath benefit of interest on all moneys which it creates out of nothing."

William Paterson (founder of Bank of England 1694)

"You do not have too many workers, you have too little money in circulation, and that which circulates, all bears the endless burden of unpayable debt and usury."

Benjamin Franklin Autobiography

Edited by FL4answer58

Guest usctrojanalum

It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay. Ecclesiastes 5:5

Nice Quote Flyingifr

But I prefer this one ….

Doc, we all thank you for the erudite treatise on the legalities of excrement deposits. I will see if some Law Journal is interested in publishing it.”

Quote - Flyingifr -

Edited by FL4answer58

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is now controlled by its system of credit.We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -- Woodrow Wilson 1919

Margaret Thatcher:

"The problem with (a certain left leaning political philosophy beginning with the word "S") is that eventually you run out of other people's money"

(The software ***** in the middle of that original word.)

Atttributed to Jefferson:

""The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Definitely Jefferson:

""I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Margaret Thatcher:

"The problem with (a certain left leaning political philosophy beginning with the word "S") is that eventually you run out of other people's money"

(The software ***** in the middle of that original word.)

Atttributed to Jefferson:

""The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Definitely Jefferson:

""I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Very well done!

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

by Heda Bejar

Law school taught me one thing: how to take two situations that are exactly the same and show how they are different.

by Hart Pomerantz

Edited by FL4answer58