Got my annual JDB call

gorper999

I was not home but the gal answered.She said it was a recording and it was about some bad checks.Kind of wish she had let the answering machine get it so I know exactly what it said.I had one last September from a place in NY,one in March from ? And now one today.Caller ID showed a Nexvortex #832-384-9152.Anyone hear of this one?One in March was a live person and I just told them to crawl in a hole.They did not bother me after that.Do not remember what outfit it was,but not this one.I am assuming one JDB just moved it to a different one.Do not know what this could be for?

Personally, I don't respond to calls from debt collectors. I wait for them to send me a letter.

Good luck,

DH

What if they don't send a letter but keep calling and leaving messages?

Do you send the DV to the co's address?

I researched one particular annoying CA and found their address - sent them a DV letter and they still call. They continue to call using several different caller ID’s including one caller ID as 'Law Office'. I sent them a CD letter. They continue to call – 2-3 times a day.

I got them on the phone (recorded) recently and they refused to ID the co calling or the address. Came up on ID as 'unknown' but they left a number to call with threatening message from someone who claimed to represent 'the firm'.

The individual who I talked to who refused to ID the CO or give address wanted me to send my private info to them by fax. I told them I would not send my private info to an unidentified company. I asked for the CO name and address again. He refused unless I send the fax. I gave a verbal CD and he told me the calls will continue unless I send my private info by fax. He hung up his call but transferred me over to the same threatening prerecorded message from the earlier 'representative of the firm' asking me to call the same number I just called to 'settle this urgent matter'.

I plan on sending a ITS to the chief council of the CO.

Thats the best way to deal with these guys.

Edited by FL4answer58

What if they don't send a letter but keep calling and leaving messages?

Do you send the DV to the co's address?

I never answered the phone, just let the answering machine pick up. Then I kept a log of when they called, and recorded the message to a little hand-held tape recorder, just in case it came in handy later. I only send a DV letter in response to a letter. I figure it's kind of like a game of chicken - he who gives way first loses.

I plan on sending a ITS to the chief council of the CO.

Thats the best way to deal with these guys.

For the worst of these jokers, you're probably right.

Regards,

DH