sued by Blitt & Gaines from CAP1

Guest TFH1966

Guest TFH1966

I Hope someone can help me. I live in Illinois and was served on 9/2/10 by a lawfirm named Blitt & Gaines. This was my first contact what so ever with this firm they state they REP Cap1 listed as plantiff for a 1900.00 CC account.I Admit this is my debt but the amount is all wrong. the mandatory court date is 9/13 on the summons it states it was filed with my county clerk on 2/9/2010. my last payment to CAP 1 was 5/09 here is my questions.

1. Is Cap1 really the planitiff or would Blitt@Gaines bought this account from CAP1.

2. When i recieved the summons there was no evedence with the affadavid Just my Acct # printed on the affadavid. If Cap1 was the plantiff wouldnt they have sent along more evedence.

3. why would B&G wait 7 months to serve me from the time it was filed with the court.

Any advise would help, also I looked over all the paperwork and it doesent state to respond in 30 days. I showed the county clerk the summons and she agreed there was no mention of responding and just show up on the court date which im going to do.

In Illinois small claims the summons can either give you 30 days to respond or a return date. If a return date is given no written answer is required.

Illinois Supreme Court Rules

Illinois Civil Procedure

Pay particular attention to Rule 282(a) and Section 2-606 as to what is required to be attached to a complaint.

They could have filed in February and not been able to find you to serve you until now.

Myself, I wouldn't admit anything. Simply say the truth, which is you don't recall ever having a CC with this company for this amount and therefore deny the complaint.

I wish I could help more but what I know is just from reading and researching. My return date isn't until 9/20.