Capital One

Hi,

I live in Arizona and just received a notice from a law firm representing Capital One. The notice was sent by regular mail saying that I owe nearly $6k. There is no account number in the notice. I checked my credit report and there is a credit card for about $3600 on there with no activity since 2006.

There is also two judgments obtained by them in Richmond, VA. I did live in Northern VA for years but that is two hours away from Richmond and I never received a summons for these two items.

This current notice is coming from attorneys based in Tucson, AZ which is again about two hours where I live currently. Is it Capital One's practice to file suits in counties hours away so we can't dispute it? Should I just hire a lawyer in Tucson? What should I do about the two judgments obtained in Richmond VA? They were obtained in 2007 and 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you mean a dunning letter from a law firm then I would demand from the law firm the name, address and telephone number of the representative from Cap One who authorized them to contact you. Then you throw in, (If this debt has been purchased by this law firm, please send the name, address and telephone number of the representative of Cap One who authorized the sale of this alleged debt and the amount paid for this alleged debt). Chances are you'll never hear from them again.

you need to file a proof of documents and a sworn denial & send them them registered w/signature requested to the Pima county courthouse that this was filed in, I think they charge a $35.00 filing fee, have the sworn denial notorized also.

Edited by ruttie

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I believe it's a dunning letter. It was sent to me regular mail stating I have thirty days to respond to the validity of the debt. Massive should I just write a letter asking for this items or is there a specific format I should be using. I also see on my credit card that this attorney and cap 1 have did some inquiries on it recently. Can I have these removed from my credit report since it has not been active since 2006?

How should I go about the judgments they placed on my report in Virginia? Can they be suing me for the same cc here in Arizona that they didn't collect in VA?

Sorry I'm new to this. Thanks for all you're help.