Jump to content

A question about discovery.

Recommended Posts

Send them a nice note reminding them that they have not responded to discovery. That you want to give them a chance to respond before the need for a motion arises.

You can submit a motion to compel or wait until trial and have your letters requesting fully disclosure, then oppose any evidence they attempt to introduce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...then oppose any evidence they attempt to introduce.

I agree with this part, but not the rest.

The purpose of Discovery is for each side to show their evidence to the other before trial.

Why send a note telling them they haven't responded? They have responded, they just provided little.

Why motion to compel them to respond? Again, they have responded, even if with little.

By not producing their evidence during Discovery, they have given you a gift. You can object to anything they try to use at trial that they haven't provided during Discovery. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they dismiss the case before trial.

Good luck,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.