NO STATUS on credit report for Midland Credit Management

numedic98

Hi All:

This is my first post here, however, I have been following them for some time and have found quite a bit of useful information. For that I say thank you to everyone.

Now to my situation. I have been using the techniques from this site for several CA's, fighting the CRA's, and I have one going to court. I have sent out my DV's, they have sent me what I consider nothing and I have resent them second letters stating they did not send what was requested, and if they could not supply the information requested, that they need to remove the information from my credit report.

My Experian report came back updated for Midland Credit Management stating "NO STATUS", and when I review the report for that creditor, there is no information listed other than the creditors name, address, acct #, and OC name. However, under "your statement" it states "account in dispute under fair credit billing acts"? That's not my statement, I did not leave a statement...

So, the question is, what is this? The investigation is over, the account is updated, all of the information is gone, but it is still showing in the "potentially Negitive" accounts? And what do I do with this from here? Is this considered "removed" or does it count any longer? Am I the only one that can see it in my report?

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Edited by numedic98

I too am having this problem with Experian, but Its from a collection company named equinox. The company has confirmed over the phone they have no info, and claim they are going to take it off. I disputed it with Exp and they verified and updated to NO STATUS and no info. Called and asked how they verified and they claim the collection agency verified, the collection agency said they were never contacted. Experian will spin you in circles until the very end, I personally believe they are thee worst CRA to deal with.

Midland has been removed from my credit report!! I have to say, I was pretty frustrated that this process was taking so long, and I wasn't seeing the results I was hoping for, but now that I got rid of my first problem account, I'm really excited! I hope it ends here and the account doesn't get sold to someone else...

• 1 month later...

They (Midland) originally verified the info, however, I sent them a couple of letters outlining their violations, and also had the CRA's re-investigate the accuracy of different line items. That's when I received the "no status" and then it was removed and Midland sent me a letter stating it was being removed. So I suppose without knowing how far you went with them, maybe you need to continue to persue them?