CA Response to DV - requires me to send them info

I sent a DV letter to Midland Credit Mgmt. requesting them to send me validation of a debt they have on my CR. They responded that I did not provide sufficient info to investigate my dispute. They are stating I need to send them documentation. Aren't they supposed to send this to me?? By the time I had received this letter I did send another DV request. I am not sure what to do, if anything, at this point. They stated in their letter they had notified the CRAs that I am disputing this debt. Any suggestions as to my next step? Thanks.

I sent a DV letter to Midland Credit Mgmt. requesting them to send me validation of a debt they have on my CR. They responded that I did not provide sufficient info to investigate my dispute. They are stating I need to send them documentation. Aren't they supposed to send this to me?? By the time I had received this letter I did send another DV request. I am not sure what to do, if anything, at this point. They stated in their letter they had notified the CRAs that I am disputing this debt. Any suggestions as to my next step? Thanks.

Don't send them squat.

This is their letter in my response to my sending them a DV letter:

Dear xxx:

The purpose of htis letter is to advise ou that you didi not provide sufficient informaton ot investigate your dispute of the credit reporting of your above referenced acount pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

In order to investigate your dispute, we need detailed information to identify the basisi of your dispute, including a complete explanation of your dispute. Further, we need a copy of any documentation you may have to support your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major credit bureaus change the status of this account to "Disputed".

Examples of documentation we need include the following:

1. Paid in full or account settled: a) a copy of the front and back of payment instrument with copy of settlement offer or statement showing balance and account number; B) a copy of paid in full or settlement in full letter showing account number.

2. Fraud or Identify Theft (goes on to explain what to send for identify theft)

3. Balance Discrepancy: a) a copy of contract that states rates for time frame of disputed service; B) a copy of bills or statements that show amount owed or rates; or c) a more detailed explanation of disputed charges.

Aren't they supposed to be sending me documentation??? Not sure what to do about this.

Thanks so much for your help.

As MASSIVE said "don't send them squat"!

They seem to be trying to get you to send them proof to use against you.

If they are reporting on your CR, and you sent DV with acct #, they should go from there. If they can't, they need to delete the TL.

I will let more experienced members guide you as to what you should do next.

I think you should dispute the TL with the CRA's also.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a DV to Midland, 6 weeks later they responded with the same request they sent you. I did not respond. 2 weeks later I received a letter stating that they have decided to remove the debt from my credit reports. There was another line in the letter that stated the original creditor may decide to pursue the matter on their own.