I have to give the release of lien to the CRA?!

I paid off my Calif state income tax lien and found out yesterday that the FTB sent the release of lien. According to Los Angeles County I need to order a copy of that document (for a fee of course). They then said that they do not tell the CRAs that I paid it but that I need to send a copy of the Release to them. I am currently disputing it as a line item at the CRAs so it sounds like a golden opportunity to get it wiped completely. How should I work this?

-Drake

I would simply dispute the record to the CRAs and let them answer. If they say the line item is accurate, then you have them by the short-curleys for not actually doing an investigation, since you already know the lien release has been filed. There would be no excuse on their part.

It's extra leverage to use against the CRAs should it land that way. Otherwise, they will correct it and that will be the end of it.