Jump to content

Court settlement and 1099 forms

Recommended Posts

Hi there, I was recently taken to court for a credit card debt (plaintiff is Mel Harris LLC) and ended up settling my case. Original cc amt was $500, plaintiff inflated that number to $1100 with court fees, but I settled for $500. Will I be issued a 1099 c tax form for this settlement? Not sure if this is considered a "partial forgiveness" of the amount.

My settlement payments will end in February 2011. Thanks for your advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.