Approved! Capital One

beenhereb4

I received my discharge on 10/14/2010. The letter officially came in the mail today. Just for fun I applied for a CapOne credit card...and to my surprise I was approved with a 1k CL! I quickly called them and told them that I did not want the card and wanted to close the account. They told me that I would have to wait to get the card and then call and cancel the account.

I only wanted to share this because I guess there is life after Chapter 7. Not sure if it was a system glitch but I was approved 4 days after discharge.

Thanks!

Don't cancel the card. It may have an adverse effect on your already damaged score.

If I were you, I would keep the card but exercise due diligence in using it. Use it once a month, only charging what you can afford to pay off before the bill is due. If you do this, it will improve your score.

Now is the time for you to learn to practice some good credit habits. If you can do this, you will be successful in further improving your score.

Congrats to you!

I disagree. If there is a fee, cancel it (you may still be liable for the first year fee). If there is no fee, cut it up and throw it away. If it were any other card than Crap 1, I'd say maybe...but they're one of the worst to deal with.

Besides, the only score it will improve is your "sucker" score. Not something you want to get involved with...

Guest usctrojanalum

I'm with the keep the card camp, just exersize extreme caution in using the card. And just be responsible with it overall do not over extend yourself. I've had my cap one card since I was 18 years old and have never had one problem with them.