Cussing out a debt collector

Baggins

Curious, what are some of your thoughts on this?

Yes I know it's never a good idea as when someone loses control to the point of screaming and cussing the collector gains abit of an advantage, especially if recording (which you know they are) the call. But can it be used against the consumer in their favor?

Thoughts?

(yes I've been guilty of this before myself:oops:)

Guest usctrojanalum

Last month I witnessed an Order to Show Cause hearing where a collection attorney had a voicemail of a defendant who cursed him out on the the message. It was played in open court for every single person to hear. Let me tell you it was extremely embarrassing for that party, and he looked extremely foolish in front of the judge and the few people who were sitting in the gallary.

Yeah it's never a good idea. I once lost it with a CA concerning a debt they were trying to collect from my mom who is quite unhealthy & under doctors care. They were relentless, threatening, talking about getting into her ss bennies (although I'm sure they have the ability to delete that tidbit from their recording), etc. First the one was on her & when she stated she was in poor health the person put their 'mgr' on the phone who turned up the heat even more. I get on there and they tried that crap with me and pushed and pushed and pushed and I fell into their trap and called them everything but a human being, quite loudly I might ad. Not proud of it but got a little emotional especially with what we went thru with my deceased dad, and that particular CA not only paid me, but my mom too via 2 seperate suits and two seperate settlements.

Yeah this jerk had the same arrogance and tone as the one that pretty much said go dig up your dead dad and get the money. Brought back a harsh memory and I probably called this cat things he's never heard before. Pointless but felt good nontheless.

Yeah it's never a good idea. I once lost it with a CA concerning a debt they were trying to collect from my mom who is quite unhealthy & under doctors care. They were relentless, threatening, talking about getting into her ss bennies (although I'm sure they have the ability to delete that tidbit from their recording), etc. First the one was on her & when she stated she was in poor health the person put their 'mgr' on the phone who turned up the heat even more. I get on there and they tried that crap with me and pushed and pushed and pushed and I fell into their trap and called them everything but a human being, quite loudly I might ad. Not proud of it but got a little emotional especially with what we went thru with my deceased dad, and that particular CA not only paid me, but my mom too via 2 seperate suits and two seperate settlements.

What ever happend with her repo'd car? Please tell me they're the ones that paid you!

Curious, what are some of your thoughts on this?

Cussing at debt collectors is patently absurd!

If anything, those of us who don't like collection calls should take an honest look into that piece of glass in the bathroom and cuss out the debt creator!

They might be scum, but cussing at the debt collectors is misplaced angst. Instead, those of us on the receiving end of collections need to be focused on taking specific action to make them go away.....forever.

What ever happend with her repo'd car? Please tell me they're the ones that paid you!

Car got repoed on New Years Eve. No, they're never paid out anything, as a matter of fact the company that holds the bogus credit life policy patently refuses to refund the premium that was paid up front, all the while breaking their own contract. Can sue, but it'll cost more than could hope to get back so it got round filed.

Cussing at debt collectors is patently absurd!

If anything, those of us who don't like collection calls should take an honest look into that piece of glass in the bathroom and cuss out the debt creator!

They might be scum, but cussing at the debt collectors is misplaced angst. Instead, those of us on the receiving end of collections need to be focused on taking specific action to make them go away.....forever.

Oh thank you for those words of wisdom! xangelx

'Those of us'? What you think I'm here for cheap entertainment?

And if one doesn't owe that debt? Still gonna cuss themselves out in that proverbial mirror? Yes, some people come here for an all too common issue of being harassed over something that isn't theirs, in this case, a debt collector harassing my mother over something she has never heard of nor held an acct with alleged OC, not once. Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but CA's aren't inherently honest...:roll:

Never assume as you know what that does.

Sorry, but when filth calls weeks after a parents death, says to 'dig them up' etc, you bet a normal person is gonna unleash some PATENTLY ABSURD, MISPLACED ANGST! Kissin' their arse don't get you outta debt either whether it's yours or not.;)

Also to inflict intentional emotional distress of someone that has made it clear as to their health condition, and then put their boss on the phone to turn it up higher, threaten to attack their ss bennies...yep you guessed it, ripe for more of that 'angst'.

Some can talk the talk of how to treat a CA, and some can walk the walk which sometimes requires a little emotion and 'angst'. As a pro se I'm personally 4 and 0, fixxing to be 5 and 0. Nope, no handsetter here.8-)

I buried my dad not too long ago, not in any rush to bury my mom too over some filthy CA. Savvy?

Edited by Baggins