using a P.O. box for disputes??

seven

I don't know anything about that subject of CRA but you can open a box which has an actual street address at a local mailing service office. It, to me, is better than USPS box or UPS store because USPS can't check your mail for you when you call, and UPS won't send out packages from DSL or Fedex (but I 'think' they'll receive them); the neighborhood mailing centers will mail your mail to you if you're out-of-state, receive faxes for you, etc.

So back to your question, could you use one of these mail centers? I changed my address before I quit paying on my credit cards just so that the office where I live that receives my mail doesn't see an avalanche of mail from these credit card companies after I quit paying the cards. And it's an actual street address and the owner said I don't have to use the box number because he knows the name of the box to put it in.

Also, our management here changed and there were several (trustworthy) ladies that were placing our mail into our slots and I really didn't like them seeing all my mail. (And I didn't want to see it daily, either! lol)

And I'd had a mailing service for bills, etc. for about six years until they closed. A lot of companies know that a person has a physcial address and uses another one for their mail.

I requested CRA reports about a month before I moved and got the original reports at that address. I then moved and rented a PO Box but I didn't tell the CRAs. All my mail will be forwarded to the PO BOX for 6 months. I have received about 5 updates forwarded to my PO box in the last 2 months.

You can also view your updates on line too.

• 3 weeks later...