GARNISHMENT OF PENSION

ScrewedVeteran

Hi Folks,

I'm retired military residing abroad as an expat. Just received notice that my retired pay has been garnished (over 50% of disposable) by California for child support. Here's where it gets interesting. The woman receiving the child support was a hooker (though I didn't know about that, or her plan to scam me that at the time) I met in the Philippines. She gets pregnant and demands I marry her, I refuse, but did sign the kid's birth certificate. Then after stealing $17,000 and the contents of my apartment while I'm deployed on the Global war on Terror, she goes online and finds a guy in California to marry her. The woman and kid are exported to the U.S. (no due diligence on the part of the State Dept. to prevent prostitute from obtaining a visa), and after citizenship is granted she goes to Child Support Svcs who garnish my military pension.

Do I have ANY recourse to prevent this scammer and California facilitators from stealing my military pension and/or bank account?

Thanks,

Has a paternity test been performed? That might be your only hope. Even if she took the $17000 from you, if you did not file a police report, that probably won't help. I am not totally sure, but I believe a government payment is allowed to be garnished for child support.

Good luck.