Dell Computers settlement?

txdebt

Has anyone settled with Dell computers before? I currently owe about $3700($3100 before fees). It's been about 6 months now. I talked to them yesterday and they are offering a settlement of $2000. They said they can't go any lower and said that my account will be charged off Nov. 16th. I just don't have that money right now and I told the rep that. I offered a one time payment of $1000 but she said that the higher ups will not accept that. Should I keep holding out and try again in a few weeks? Or should I let it charge off and deal with the CA?

The CA and JDB's will call first then try to sue. That $1000 will be good to negotiate later with. SOL will start from the time of last payment so keep track of that. You tried to work with them, offer them less the next time. they will sell the debt for around $150 so if you offer them 300 near the charge off date I think they will go for it.

Just My $.02

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, talked with a rep yesterday and they still would only settle for around 60% or I would have to pay $400 to get my account to current status. She said it was the last day before charge off. I told her I couldn't do the 60% and that I would get back to her about the $400 but I didn't call her back. I really can't do the $400 anyways, plus if I did, I think I would be starting the whole cycle over again. So, on to collections it will be. What should I expect?