heli_fixer

Help! Need some one on one help.

Let me start with I enjoy reading everything on this site! It is very informative but also massive. I am easily distracted when reading some of these post and articles.

I am a single dad of 3, work full time and attend college at night. I currently had just been hired by the Army as a civilian employee and have to pass a secret clearance which can take up to a year to complete. Everything about me is fine with the exception of my credit report. Of course I have already discussed it with the investigator and he told me that if I start showing improvement by the time they are ready to complete I shouldn't have too much to worry about.

My scores were close to 600 when I first started my repair but since then my scores have dropped almost 90 points. 88-) All kinds of CAs started showing up on my report and I know I did have a repo with my ex-wife while I was deployed in Iraq with Wells Fargo and I expected to see that but now I have two more addition Wells Fargo write offs and of course each of them has a corresponding CA to go with each. Along with other ones that I don't know who they are.

I could use some help from someone that has had a lot of experience with getting their credit report clean up quickly. Someone that can steer me the right direction and inform me of the pit falls before I hit them. I don't mind reading these post and articles but with my extremely busy lifestyle ( the kids require a lot of it) it is hard for me to jump around the forum to get a full concept of what I need to do and then implement it.

I understand the busy life thing... I did college full time and both a full and part time job couple years ago with my credit report cleanup quest.

That being said... One on one credit repair help is not really advocated here... It's not in the spirit of community helping that we foster. My advice... Take things one at a time. No need to pore over the entire site... Just one section at a time. You can do it :)

get a copy of all 3 cra 's make copys of the remarks that you think they arent yours and send a letter to each and every one. you want to send them a letter requesting VOD valadation of debt.. send them cert-mail and keep a copy of what u send. they have 30 days to validate the debt. if it is in collections it might take a lil longer..... u are going to get a stall letter from experian saying they have recv a suspicious request regarding your personal credit... so u would have to send them another letter saying that the request that where mad by you are from you. when u send them the letter send all the same info you sent the first time with it.... i hope this helps it will take time but i would do cra at a time.....good luck

That being said... One on one credit repair help is not really advocated here... It's not in the spirit of community helping that we foster. My advice... Take things one at a time. No need to pore over the entire site... Just one section at a time. You can do it :)

Thanks for your response Amerikaner83.

When I mention one on one, I was more looking for someone with a good amount of experience to be able to share my credit report with along with helping me make head or tails of it plus give advice on what I should tackle first but still discuss it over the forum so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

I just don't want to share my reports with everyone on the forum. And hopefully someday I would be able to return the favor with others. :D

If I were you I would just dispute all negative items with the CRA's wait the thirty days (sue if you don't get a response in 30 to 45 days). Then require the Collector's to validate (sue if you don't get a response in 30 days). Dispute again with the CRA's. If anything is in collections use the 623 method right after the CRA's come back with there responses.

Sue Sue Sue... As long as you do it in the right order and wait the required time you will just have to file suit as fast as allowed.

I started repairing my wife's credit on Oct. 19th and it has gone up 105 points in just under a month Nov. 16th (experian). I am unemployed and looking for work and doing this while I have the time so I have been pounding away at it. It can go fast you just need to keep organized and focus on the task at hand.

Good Luck.

Thanks mohn,

That is pretty cool you were able to get that number up so quick.

Speaking of 623 method. Does anyone have a nice template for that method?

Here is one that I sent to Verizon Wireless. My wife cosigned on a third party account.

I am going to file suit on Dec. 13th.

11/12/2010

Me

Address

City, State, Zip

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Department

777 Big Timber Road

Elgin, IL 60123

RE: Account # XXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am contacting you concerning the above account number. This account number is listed on my credit report and I have no records of ever having the account. I have filed a dispute with the three major credit reporting agencies and they have all found the account to be verified. I also contacted the collection agency that listed this negative account on my credit reports and they could not validate this debt however they are not removing the account from my credit report.

The purpose of this letter is to request that your company investigate this matter pursuant to The Fair Credit Reporting Act ยง 623 (a)(8),. I request that your company notify the credit bureaus of the mistake and remove the listing. I also request you send me all findings of the investigation as related to the listing on my credit report.

I have sent this letter certified mail. I assure you that I will file suit if this matter is not dealt by your company within the legal time frame.

Thank You

Me

I know when I started my credit repair...awhile ago....it stirred up all kinds of new and old collection accounts.

People should be warned that credit repair "can be" like stirring up a nest of bees. You have to approach each collection differently sometimes.

Here's just some ideas that I did.

I got all my credit reports from all 3 agencies.

I got a poster board and made a chart of all collections and taglines on the poster board.

Then I came here and hit the "search" bar. Like for Providian....I typed in Providian in the search and RESEARCHED the company in full. I read how others handled the situation. I highligted my bills by colors.....green for the ones people had an easy time getting rid of.....blue for 1/2 and 1/2 easy/hard.....and yellow for HARD.

Then I went to the easy first. I disputed. I kept track of who I disputed, when, how, and the reply. I disputed stupid stuff on my report like misspelled names, SS#, old addresses.

Then when I started recieving positive replies and deletes ( I felt good) then I started on the harder stuff. By then I felt comfortable with credit repair and knew what to expect.

Some of my taglines I didn't mess with at all. The ones that would be deleted in the next 6 mths I didn't touch.

Everybody approaches credit repair different. Some just jump in, some just stick their toes in the water.But just be prepared and keep everything.

When I started repairing my credit....I had another collection start reporting even though they wasn't before my jump into repairing. It was a stupid medical bill that I fought long and hard with after that. That was probably my hardest collection account.

Well, anyway...good luck.

Also on the first page of this site is an ebook on credit repair written by Admin that is good. She gives a step by step process that is a big help. You can then come back to the forum and ask specific questions. It is helpful to have a plan (like jetscarbie) and like Admin's book. Just design the plan that works for you.

Ya !! I have read your problem I faced in the same problem before then I knock some debt settlement companies they made for me a clear credit report, www.creditinfocenter.comI am now more comfortable with my report...

Hey Heli,

I feel your pain. I've been through it for the past four years repairing my own credit one step at a time. It takes a lot of perserverance and effort but you can do it, just have to be diligent. In the past four years, I've had to undo two student loan defaults, remove a collection for a broken lease amount, do a few pay-to-delete negotiations (those were a b#tch), clear up some other delinquencies on revolving and car loan accounts, etc. At the same time, I started opening up new tradelines, got a better credit card, and even went back to school and was able to access some new student loans!

People kept emailing me so I created my own blog for my story. Might find something useful on there at armchaircreditrepair.blogspot.com . I'm no expert, but I know enough from all of my credit fights that I have a few tips that can probably help.

Right off the bat, two quick ones: 1. Federal Direct Loans - if you have a lot of school debt while in school now or from before, think about consolidating them with Fed Direct Loans. Plus, they'll even consolidate your defaulted loans if you have them! That's a big help. 2. Credit Unions - I love credit unions, much more flexible than regular commercial banks for bigger tradelines. 3. If you have multiple cards or accounts you're trying to pay off effectively, line them up in order by the highest interest to lowest interest rate. Pay all of the minimums for all of them, but throw all of your extra cash towards the highest interest one. Get that gone, then move your excess payments down to the next one in line, etc. Will go faster.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents (well, probably only a .5 cent worth these days thanks to the recession!).