Enhanced Recovery, Bellsouth AT&T and SOL

Guest buskels

Guest buskels

I was reading on here tonight that the federal SOL for phone charges is 2 years. Does that apply here - at least to part of the charges and if so, what should I do. I guess if not, what should I do as well. I would like this gone from my report. I am in Georgia.

Overview: I had Bellsouth for service (Internet, Phone, Cell Phone package) a few years ago. AT&T took over Bellsouth and on the due date of one of the first bills that came after they took over (not a past due, just the regular due date), they shut service off. It ticked me off and I signed up for service with Comcast that same day. That was around April or May/2007. My last payment to then was in 6/2007

I wasn't aware for awhile but at some point, AT&T turned the service back on (I found out accidentally when I misdialed my old home number instead of new and it just rang and rang). Comcast phone goes through modem, Bellsouth through phone jack and since there was no phone plugged into jack so I never knew. I contacted them in 7/2007 and 8/2007 but never got the detailed billing or an answer other then they would be happy to reinstate my service if I paid the bill they had run up to $660. Right. I just stopped contacting them. I would have been happy to pay what I owed but nothing after they disconnected that first time since I had alternate service.

A few weeks ago, I get notification (through TrueCredit subscription) that this just hit my reports (all 3). I'll pull updated actual reports but right now, this is what is there.

Creditor Name: Enhanced Recovery and here is the opened/reported info.

Date Opened: 09/03/2010

Date Reported: 10/24/2010

Original Creditor: AT&T

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Want it off in a hurry? If you have proof you disputed the charges with the phone company and that you had reason to believe that they never reinstated you and after they had cut your service off you placed your service elsewhere (just to re-hash what you said in your post) here's what I would do:

Simply file a FDCPA and FCRA claim against the CA for not reporting that the bill is disputed. When they complain that they didn't know you rely on the Law of Agency - that knowledge of the Principal (the phone company) is imputed knowledge to the Agent. At this point they have a choice - delete to go to trial.