Sign in to follow this  
ShootingFor750

CHASE offers of Freedom card AND Slate card

I applied for the Chase "Freedom" card last week after being getting a pre-approved letter from them and now waiting for a reply and today I received an offer from them for the Chase "Slate" card. I received it exactly 7 days from applying online to their "Freedom" offer. Are these 2 offer linked together in some way you think? Does me receiving this Slate thing a week after applying for the Freedom mean anything?

Do you think I should call them and see if I've been approved for the Freedom card? Do you think I should apply for this Slate thing right now? When I applied for the Freedom last week my BofA secured visa was right at the limit, but since then it's gone to UNsecured and my limit has been raised to $500 AND I paid it off and it's at $0 now. Will me paying off my visa and it being at $0 help my situation? That's a dumb question I suppose though. :)

I would wait until I hear approved or denied before applying for the Slate card.

If you are denied for the freedom you will most likely be denied for Slate.

I was curious about the status of my pre-approved Chase Freedom offer and decided to call them and whoa, I was approved and they gave me a $5,500 CL/credit limit.For some reason I was thinking the Chase Slate card was something special, but after reading the this site, CIC, I found out it doesn't impress me. I will NOT be applying for this ... SLATE thing. I see no reason why with the Freedom card and its $5,500 CL.

I would wait until I hear approved or denied before applying for the Slate card.

If you are denied for the freedom you will most likely be denied for Slate.

yay!! Glad you got an approval.

I think what is different about Slate is the blueprint. I think you get to choose from 3 different ways to pay your bill.

Hi and thanks. I'm glad I got approved too! I'm glad to have a "real" credit card or rather a "real" limit other than the little $500 CL on my Bank of America card. Once I read about Slate some online I decided to just put everything back in the envelope and not deal with it. I found it funny that some said that a person is sure to get screwed by Chase having several ways for a person to pay/carrying a balance. I tend to agree with that. :) I'll just go with my soon to be delivered Chase FREEDOM card. xdancex I've never had a card with such a high-limit before. I'm already thinking about how disciplined I'll be with it, so I won't mess up again.

yay!! Glad you got an approval.

I think what is different about Slate is the blueprint. I think you get to choose from 3 different ways to pay your bill.