1st Hearing today

emode02

After a month of research and prep via this board and another board... I feel I am about as ready as I am ever going to be to defend my self against Midland's unjust ways.

Send good vibes my way, hopefully I will be back with some good news.

1st Hearing is this morning! Pulling an all nighter getting my book ready.8-)

I was making my case to quash the garnishment following to throw the whole damm thing out. No attorney was there. As I was concluding, an attorney walked in, the judge stopped me and stayed the garnishment but scheduled a hearing in 2011.

The attorney had no case file at all. The judge obviously runs the show. I was going to make a motion that I came prepared, so should the plaintiff however with the stay ordered on the garnishment, I'd figure I'd get my full pay check over the holidays and take up the fight again in January hoping the regular judge is in. He was filling in for the assigned judge who was out today.

Good and Bad. Still sucks, but I lived to fight again another day.

This is good news, you got the garnishement for at least 2 months and you get more time to prepare for next time.

Yes indeed.. though they also have time to prepare as well but their service, affidavit of debt, and statues of limitations make their case look like swiss cheese.

Possibility they may dismiss the whole thing before next hearing?

This will be a good weekend. Will celebrate with a 100 mile bike ride tomorrow!

Edited by emode02

• 1 month later...

The next battle is today!

With so much on the line career wise, this 100% not being my debt, insanely improper service and these false affidavits Midland has been caught with in numerous federal courts - I retained counsel and will be marching into the courtroom flanked by 2 attorneys and ample case law.

Hopefully I will be back with some great news this afternoon.