joeyjoe68

Fiancee' served from Rausch today

Hi everyone, it's been a while since i have been on here. Fortunately for me my issues were taken care of last year. Went to court on a couple issues, learned what i needed from the good people here and basically put the CA's in their place in the court room.

It's been a while since i have had to deal with any of the credit stuff so i am going to need a "refresher course" of action from everyone.

New issue has risen though. My fiancee' was served today from a firm called Rausch, Sturm, Isreal, blah blah blah....here in Las Vegas. They are claiming that they are representing Citibank on an old credit card of hers. (she has been one of the unfortunate few who has been out of work forever here, not for a lack of trying either :( ) The summons is just that, a summons. No court date on it, so there has been no date set as of yet. In doing some quick research on this firm i am seeing some sort of pattern that they buy these old debts and then file suit claiming to represent the original creditor. (I dont know if she has ever gotten a dunning from these people as she would just throw out all "junk" mail without ever reading it.)

A few ?'s....

1. How can we go find out if this account is still with Citi? The complaint states that it was charged off on Oct. 15, 2009.

2. Has anyone here ever dealt with these people?

3. What should put down in the response?

4. Should send a request for documention?

Thanks everyone for the previous help and for any help you can give us on this one as well.

Joey