ruttie

motion for summary judgement

Can anyone explain to me the process of motion to file summary judgement? Is this better or worse than a default judgement? I responded to the summons, only hoping that tehy may not come back at me, or just to bide me some more time. It was with chase on a corporate credit line, w/my hubby & I as personal guarantors. I responded to the summons & complaint, they sent back a motion for summary judgement, saying that a corporation needed to be represented by an attorney & requests summary judgement against the corporation & guarantors. what will happen now? how long will it take to get a judgement & will a BK 7 discharge this judgement? I can't deny the fact that this was used by the corpoartion, which since has had no business, the plaintiff sent records dated back to 7-1999, when acct was opened. how long will this go in the court system before a judgement is granted & recorded? thanks for any input

Guest usctrojanalum

Chapter 7 will discharge your liability from the judgment but not the corporations. But the way it sounds the corp. doesn't have any assets anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal.