Sign in to follow this  
cwodew

How to proceed when original document has been duplicated. Help!

I have been trying to get my credit straight since 2008 when I found out my father had forged my signature on student loans I was unaware of. I am currently paying one back through an attorney in Chicago which should be a Perkins Loan. Our taxes are also being garnished for another loan. We would like to resolve this but whenever we have tried we get no where. I asked for the original documents and an itemized list of our payments. I did receive a response and the original documents are actually duplicates of the same document. Is there an attorney in the Chicago area that someone can recommend. I am tried of getting run over and the attorney we had in '08 did nothing to help us. Now it is my belief that we are being double billed by Conserve/IRS and that the payment plan with the attorney may involve one of the same loans. Any help or advice would be sincerely appreciated.

The only thing I could recommend would be to contact a NACA lawyer. Check the website to see if one is available in your area. It couldn't hurt.

www.naca.net