CreditUser

Updating information online with TransUnion

They had Other Name section for me and it had the same name with wrong spelling. I deleted it and sent it online to TU. I only want the Name section on there. Is that ok?

I also deleted the previous 2 addresses but I have to keep the current, is that ok?

What about employers section? Should I delete all employers that I have work for and keep only the current one?

Would these changes hurt my credit score? What about when it comes to buy a home and/or obtaining credit in the future?

I never really update my personal info. Especially the employment stuff--I think it would give potential creditors ammo to hunt you down if you ever went south with your credit.

I never really update my personal info. Especially the employment stuff--I think it would give potential creditors ammo to hunt you down if you ever went south with your credit.

You mean if you remove the employment history?

While part of me would like to agree with you there is a major downside to this as well. I can see both sides of the fence.

Don't forget that many states allow sending a summons via the mail as proof of service. They don't have to prove that you actually received it. The next thing you know you have a default judgment because your summons was sent to the wrong address. I'm not saying every CA actually mails the summons, most just say they did.

If your state law is that they have to serve you in person and get a signature then not updating your address can be a benefit to you. If you live in states where this is not required then I would say to update it.

The best time to defend a judgment is before it becomes default against you.

Edited by moosie
typo

In Texas, the defendant would have to get it in person with signature?

While part of me would like to agree with you there is a major downside to this as well. I can see both sides of the fence.

Don't forget that many states allow sending a summons via the mail as proof of service. They don't have to prove that you actually received it. The next thing you know you have a default judgment because your summons was sent to the wrong address. I'm not saying every CA actually mails the summons, most just say they did.

If your state law is that they have to serve you in person and get a signature then not updating your address can be a benefit to you. If you live in states where this is not required then I would say to update it.

The best time to defend a judgment is before it becomes default against you.

This is my current Experian report for this card :

Account History:

Charge Off as of Nov 2004 to Jun 2007

150 days past due as of Oct 2004, Sep 2004

120 days past due as of Aug 2004

90 days past due as of Jul 2004

60 days past due as of Jun 2004

30 days past due as of May 2004

Did my SOL start in May 2004?

yes your SOL started in May 2004, so generally 7.5 years from that date

Regarding Summons service: always best to know what your state laws are and act accordingly as far as address updates etc.