Reporting language-which is best?

ProtectingMom

'paid as agreed' is much better than 'settled', in terms of credit score...but you are not likely to get it if you have to settle an account. creditors have really cracked down on reporting anything other than 'settled'.

there's no reason not to try (the worst they can say is "no")...but when you settle accounts, your credit is going to take a big hit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The answer is: there are essentialy only two items on the list.

1, Paid in full on time.

2, Everything else.

The "everything else" wording is intended to make you feel like you're doing something that will improve your sucker score when in fact it has no positive effect.

i see your point about no positive effect, but isn't deleting a negative mark better than nothing? my ca is balking at "paid in full on time" because i am settling for 50%....not the full balance. but they have not validated the debt. should i stick to that approach and say i am paying in full the amount i am not disputing...or just ask for deletion?