formerpara

answering the complaint

Thanks for all of your information. I am about to embark on answering the complaint I received 2 days ago. I did some HW last night and found that Midland re-aged my account by 1 year. The last payment to the OC was 10/2007. The SOL in FL is 4 years so these slime bags are trying to slid in under the wire. They think I don't know about the re-aging or anything else for that matter and are probably hoping for a default judgement. Should #1 on my answer be the dispute over the re-aging?

Thanks for all of your information. I am about to embark on answering the complaint I received 2 days ago. I did some HW last night and found that Midland re-aged my account by 1 year. The last payment to the OC was 10/2007. The SOL in FL is 4 years so these slime bags are trying to slid in under the wire. They think I don't know about the re-aging or anything else for that matter and are probably hoping for a default judgement. Should #1 on my answer be the dispute over the re-aging?

What did they specifically do to re-age your debt?

BTW, a good show that motivated me to do my own work is something you should all see and I'm sure will no doubt enjoy. It's called "The Practice". I'm a sucker for court room dramas but this show really motivated me. It gives you a good idea of what attorneys will do to meet their goals and is fairly relative in real life if not dead on accurate. It's certainly not going to help you draft a motion but damn is it good entertainment and one hell of a motivator!

BTW, a good show that motivated me to do my own work is something you should all see and I'm sure will no doubt enjoy. It's called "The Practice". I'm a sucker for court room dramas but this show really motivated me. It gives you a good idea of what attorneys will do to meet their goals and is fairly relative in real life if not dead on accurate. It's certainly not going to help you draft a motion but damn is it good entertainment and one hell of a motivator!

thank you. i watched two episodes and decided to download all the episodes ever made. (yes i downloaded all 8 seasons today LOL) im going to watch them one by one.

it is a good motivator, like you said, and i can use some of the strategy and line of questioning and apply it to my present situations.

good job, friend. good entertainment too. im up for a good show anytime, this one fits the bill

On my credit report they report the account delinquent as of 9/2008 when in fact the last payment made to the OC was in 9/2007.

I am drafting my Answer and Affirmative defenses and I'm not quite sure what to say about the action for damages being within the Court's jurisdictional limitations. I know it's a silly question, but I'm very rusty at this stuff. Help anyone?????????????????

The re-aging thing is tricky. I just got sued, 3 months before the statue of limitations is set to run out. Now i can't remember, but it could've already run out if they reaged it.

But if you accused them of re-aging, is that like admitting that the debt is yours?

LL

The re-aging thing is tricky. I just got sued, 3 months before the statue of limitations is set to run out. Now i can't remember, but it could've already run out if they reaged it.

But if you accused them of re-aging, is that like admitting that the debt is yours?

LL

Sometimes reading a CR can be tricky. If you don't mind my asking, what is the OC reporting on your CR, and what is the JDB reporting?