jrdejavux

Debt validation help

Hi guys, I need your help with this since every time i have sent a debt validation letter the collection agencies go away but this one sent me a letter today saying this:

We are in receipt of your letter in which you stated there is a dispute with the aforementioned account and your request for validation. Your account was originally opened with XXXX XXXX bank December 15, 2005, and your last payment was received on June 23, XXXX. Our cleint has verified that the balance of $XXXX.XX to be true, correct and still owing at this time.

i know this is not a validation and i would like to know how to proceed since they cant produce any paperwork. Thanks!

"6.If they haven't sent you satisfactory proof, and are still reporting this on your report, send a copy of your receipt for your registered mail, a copy of the first letter you sent and a statement that they have not complied with the FDCPA and are now in violation of the Act. Tell them they need to immediately remove the collection listing from your credit report or you are going to file a lawsuit because they are in violation of the FDCPA, section 809 (B)."

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml

If you are dealing with a JDB then you can pretty much be sure that they did reach into the file they already have and sent the facts that they already sent you without contacting the creditor.

If you are dealing with an OC then there is more of a chance that they did send for validation from the creditor because there is a closer relationship between these two but I would not accept their word at face value that they did.

Tell the collector that you want written proof that they contacted the creditor otherwise you will assume that they simply sent you the figures out of their own file, which is not validation and a violation.

Don't settle for anything less than an affidavit from the creditor explaining that the collector did ask them for validation and that the creditor did send validation to the collector in response to this request for dv.

You have the right to demand these things. By demanding strict proof of their purported actions, you are giving notice that you are expecting them to cross all their t's and dot all their i's.

There is no such thing as " lousy validation." SO, if you are unhappy with the response, why? What is your dispute? If it is the number, tell them you need proof becuase you think it is lower. If it is not your account ( or you want to play that card, tell them you need to see an app or a statment or something that ties it to you. In other words, if you want to keep them engaged, you need to give them a reason. DV was not meant to be a bear trap; it's mor eor less fly paper

But if you have paid all your dues properly then are you worried for. why don't you provide them a valid proof that no obligation is left over you.

Maybe the debt really isn't theirs? The CA's do screw up and go after the wrong people from time to time. Just because someone is on here trying to figure out how to fight a CA doesn't mean they don't pay their bills. If the debt really isn't theirs then how do they provide proof that there is no obligation? That is why the CA must absolutely prove the debt is theirs.