aloha

B of A World Points visa card

when i went online to pay my BofA gold visa card balance, there was a notice that i was pre-selected to apply for their World Points visa card (with 0% APR on purchases for the first 9 billing cycles). this is the first time in the 3 years that i've had my card that i've received an offer/notice on the website.

anyone have experience with the world points card?

when i went online to pay my BofA gold visa card balance, there was a notice that i was pre-selected to apply for their World Points visa card (with 0% APR on purchases for the first 9 billing cycles). this is the first time in the 3 years that i've had my card that i've received an offer/notice on the website.

anyone have experience with the world points card?

Buyer beware... pre-selected <> pre-approved. You'll probably need at least EQ 740 and $50k income to actually get the card.

Buyer beware... pre-selected <> pre-approved. You'll probably need at least EQ 740 and $50k income to actually get the card.

thanks - got those covered :)++

(EQ and TU both over 800)

basically trying to figure out if i want to apply - i wasn't really in the market for new card, but hard to pass up if it's a really good card..

Don't know how accurate this site's info is, but it looks to be pretty cool:

http://creditcards.lovetoknow.com/Bank_of_America_World_Points

and

http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/bankofamericavisasignaturewithworldpoints.html

No annual fee, looks like....which is nice.

thanks for the links. guess i'll investigate a little more. no AF is definitely a good thing :)

It depends what you're looking for. The rebate program...the "world points" they like to tout is very weak compared to some of the other banks. At your credit score, the APR will be competitive and they have active fraud monitoring 24/7 customer service and a full package of cardholder benefits.

If you will always PIF and don't need much help with your accounts [and I'd say most people with 800+ FICO are in that boat] then there are better cards out there.