Zulator

Insufficient debt validation response

I was sent a collection letter from The Northland Group. I sent them a standard debt validation letter, they responded with a letter just stating when the account was opened (1990), and that it was charged off in 02/2008. Even by that standard, it is outside of SOL.

What should my next step be?

Hold on, before you act - what happened between 1990 and 2008? If it was charged off in 2008 and you made payments from 1990 to 2007 then it probably is still within Statute.

SOL for Collections starts with the last payment made, not when the account was opened.

If it was charged off in 02/2008...the last payment was before that. If the SOL in AZ is 3 years...it's outside the statute. That is...unless I'm not understanding this correctly.

Hold on, before you act - what happened between 1990 and 2008? If it was charged off in 2008 and you made payments from 1990 to 2007 then it probably is still within Statute.

SOL for Collections starts with the last payment made, not when the account was opened.

To be honest, I don't know what account it's for? I know I haven't made any cc payments since 2007. I lost my job in 2006 and I went into survival mode and only payed what I needed. I still wound up selling my house and almost everything I owned.

In order for it to be in SOL, wouldn't the last payment have to be no less than 3 years from the date they contact you?