No response on 623 letter....

RaiseThatScore

I need help on what to do next...i sent out 623 letters for 5 negative items to 3 companies on some medical collection items and foreclosures and haven't gotten a response back within the 30 days....i sent the items certified with tracking so i know they received the letters....i got a phone call from one of the CAs saying that they received the letter and told me over the phone they have records of the negative item....i told them i have no knowledge of this and that I need documented proof to be mailed to me and they never sent it to me...for the other 2 companies I have heard nothing from them!?!?!?

this is good for me right?? seems to be a violation of FRCA right???

what are the next steps i should take???

any help would be appreciated!! thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ok...i called one of the collection agencies that didnt respond within the required 30 day time period and they told me they mailed me the letter....problem is...i never received their pay letter...they said they will send another one....what do i do? accept it or do something else since the 30 day time period has passed....

can someone tell me what a 623 letter is?

FCRA 623

Basically outlines what is supposed to happen when you dispute an account, what they're required to do, etc. It's one of the ways to get them to either send you proof of the debt or go away.

I thought we had a sticky about the "623" method somewhere? Can't find it now.