ProtectingMom

Credit reports, how to moniter

How do you access your reports from the 3 main companies when you are monitering for a dispute? I have pulled my one free report from each, but now how do I proceed? I need to check to see if a dispute with a CA will be updated to disputed.

I looked into IdentityGuard, thinking they had daily updates, but they only update from the 3 bureaus every 3 months- isn't that a bit too long for monitoring?

I am obviously missing the information I need to effectively keep track of these reports... help.

I'm a NEWBY but for what it's worth.....

GOOGLE >> Equifax online dispute

Go to that site.

Enter the information requested. You do NOT need a report number. Leave that field blank. (It's on top of the form) AND you do not need to pay anything.

Hope this works for you.

How do you access your reports from the 3 main companies when you are monitering for a dispute? I have pulled my one free report from each, but now how do I proceed? I need to check to see if a dispute with a CA will be updated to disputed.

I looked into IdentityGuard, thinking they had daily updates, but they only update from the 3 bureaus every 3 months- isn't that a bit too long for monitoring?

I am obviously missing the information I need to effectively keep track of these reports... help.

I have IdentityGuard, and although they do update every three months, you do get an alert whenever there is any activity.

identityguard is UNreliable at best. My Experience anyhow.

Also, the quarterly credit report is NOT really a credit report. It merely gives you any info on new accounts and some changes that were made. Inaccurate.

At least mine was.

I'm looking for a 'service' to get all three, real reports that I can continue to monitor as I proceed through this process. I probably want to have access to the reports for the next six months.

I bought a 3 bureau report from TransUnion (transcredit) website and I was not that impresses. Additionally, navigating their site involves being bombarded with shameful and sneaky 'click here' opportunities to spend more money.

thanks for any help...

I use Credit Check Total and can pull all three reports daily. It's about $22/month. I have been thinking of switching to USAA, though because I have been told it's cheaper and you can also pull daily.

Try mycreditkeeper.com You can get all 3 reports and scores. The first 30 days is free. If you keep the service it is 9.99 a month. It will give you a break down of your scores and tell you the reason.

thanks jonah 797, this is what I've been looking for. Are you still using mycreditkeeper? I think I'll give them a try as well.:-)