Sign in to follow this  
LHCC

Very Confused Newbie!!!!

I found this forum and have been reading and reading for days!!! I have to say that i am totally overwhelmed! I am a hands on kind of person and it is all just so much to take in. I know of course the first thing to do is to pull my credit with all 3 bureaus then opt out. After that i am totally confused as to whom i send my first letters to. I believe if i am correct that i start with the 3 credit bureaus. when i write my first attempt letter, do i include all negative accounts on my credit report? i have read and read about SOLS and i have about 4 to 6 months to go on all of these accounts so i am not sure if i add these to the first letter to the credit bureaus or just let these be. From what i have read, my gut instinct is to just let them be then start fighting them once they are out of SOL but again, im not sure where to send my first letter to Credit Bureau(CBA) or CA or OC. I know that once i get going on this it will come easier but i am just up in the air as to how to start out. I so wish someone had a step by step list on what to start with and how to deal with each negative mark. I am sure there is something on here but i havent come across it yet. I did find a chart that was great but im still up in the air as to what to do. WISH i could find where someone took a fake credit report and showed step by step what to do and what letters to write!! this would help me TONS!!! Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!!

First, dispute personal data--name variations, old addresses / telephones / employers.

I used this and it worked:

To whom it may concern:

Going over my credit report, I have found it contains many errors. I request your investigation of the following "personal information" and “inquiries”. For the record:

1. My name is: JOhn Doe. Please remove all other name variations IMMEDIATELY. They are not accurate!

2. My current address is: 111 Main Street, City, ST, ZIP. Please remove all other addresses IMMEDIATELY. They are not accurate!

3- The list of Employers and their reported dates are not accurate! Please remove all inaccurate data IMMEDIATELY.

4-My telephone number is 111-555-1212. Please remove all other variations of telephone numbers IMMEDIATELY. They are not accurate!

5-Notices-There is no business at this address, please remove all INACCURATE data IMMEDIATELY!

6-Inquiries-Bad Credit Checker, City, ST, ZIP

This is NOT an authorized inquiry nor a legal one as my file is marked as Opt-Out. Please remove IMMEDIATELY.

The FCRA Law requires that Credit Reporting Agencies must both VERIFY and CONFIRM COMPLETENESS of the Account History they report or DELETE the listing entry should they fail to or verify as Both COMPLETE AND ACCURATE. In addition, if verified, please notify me indicating the name and address of the provider or furnisher providing this data, and the manner and documents obtained in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, send me notification that these items have been deleted, as well as an updated copy of my credit report.

Sincerely,

LovelyConsumer

AFTER you disassociate your profile from old names, cities, states, phones, THEN you begin to dispute EVERYTHING.

My two cents.

WOW oneobserver...i appreciate you so so much. i had no idea i was suppose to do this first. i am going to be helping people with their credit though so i have to have some sort of good news within 30 to 45 days.

can i write this letter along with a dispute letter or do i HAVE to do this first? and if i do this first, will some bad items fall off and up the score some?

do i write the letter the exact way your have it written out and just fill in the blank? this is the first i have heard about this so I APPRECIATE you! i did look on my credit report and see all of the different names...my name with my maiden then my married, one with the wrong middle initial.

also. the only work place on there should be my current work place? do i dispute the prior work places?

i am even more confused now because i thought the first thing i did was just start by writting the credit beaureaus and dispute everything except for everything still in SOL.

now i know i need to start by opting out then getting all the info you stated above taken care of first.

i appreciate any other information as to what my next step is so that i do all of this correct the first time!!!!

First, just as in sports training, a credit-cleaner-upper has to get in the zone. What the CRAs are reporting is in YOUR file, the file that tells a story about YOU, the file that determines what mortgage YOU can get (and therefore, where YOU can live), determines what job YOU get (yes, employers do check credit more than ever), it determines what car YOU drive, YOU get the idea.

And also very candidly, the CRAs are sort of YOUR employees, their job is to maintain YOUR file. This is YOUR game.

So, as the CEO of YOUR CR, you are taking ownership of what happens to it and you have 3 'employees' YOU need to manage. In the zone yet?

Just Do It (swoosh)

OPT OUT (by phone works, your 'employees' will do it right away, jot down date you called, person you spoke to, etc.)

1st dispute letter-as in previous post, can be verbatim or you can customize.

-Remind them you opted out and that no prootional creditors should be allowed access to your file, state date you did, person you spoke to, etc.

-Dispute ALL personal information. You only have ONE legal name, ONE legal domicile, ONE phone number, ONE current employer. The report your 'employees' keep should reflect who YOU are as of that day.

-Include any big ticket items such as judgments. Write:

Judgment Creditor, Date, Amount

There is no such judgment of record # (number) from this Court, for this date, for this amount, against this party, from this creditor. If this entry is verified, please send me the name and address of the provider or furnisher providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies. Please remove IMMEDIATELY.

When CRAs respond, see if they deleted everything inaccurate, if not:

2nd round of 1st dispute-Now send a Verification letter and include every item requested in 1st letter that was not deleted. There are many excellent examples of these letters on this site. These letters have very strong language. You are not kidding here, as CEO you are on top of these slackin' employees! Hey, it's YOUR file.

Wait 2 weeks and in ,the meantime, send a Validation letter to any Collection Agency reporting any of the items that were not deleted. Be brutal, heck, they are!

2nd dispute letter to CRA-address anything and everything and all you didn't address in the first letter that you know is inaccurate.

When CRAs respond, see if they deleted everything inaccurate, if not:

2nd round of 2nd dispute-Now send a Verification letter and include every item requested in 1st letter that was not deleted.

In the meantime, send a Validation letter to any Collection Agency reporting any of the items that were not deleted from the 2nd dispute, again, be bold, be brutal, Just Do It!

Repeat as necessary.

The steps above simply control the damage and allow a credit-cleaner-upper to stop the hemorrage. However, in my humble opinion (and I don't say this lightly, there are very knowledgeable members on this site), credit repair is two prong: you stop the damage WHILE you rebuild credit.

Rebuild credit:

-Negotiate any open collections (use approaches such as pay for delete, etc.). This is AFTER you get a response back from VALIDATION letters and if you really owe the money as they state you owe it (date, amount, creditor, etc.)

-Check the SOL on anything that wasn't deleted and dispute it again if over SOL (check state SOL )

-Get a secured credit card that reports to the 3 'employees'. Use it only to 30-50% of it's value and pay it off completely every month.

-Get a secured personal loan from a local Credit Union, pay off 1/2 the first month-very important, then make timely monthly payments and pay off early.

-Don't start applying for credit cards since it lowers your score and you get hard inquiries. Wait until several things are deleted, get your own score and if you're in the 600's you may want to apply for fair credit friendly store cards.

My 2 cents, anyone want to chime in?

Just Do It!

You are AWESOME!! thank you so much! i appreciate all your help! i have a long road ahead of me...including praying that my home doesnt get foreclosed on before i can figure something out.

I keep getting stumped on the first part which is clearing up my name, addresses etc since there are several wrong names and old addresses on my report. Do the cra's just get this when i put my correct name and current address at the top of my first dispute letter or do i have to acutally say in the letter...please correct my name and delete all incorrect name and old addresses??? sorry for all the questions, i just want to get it right the first time.

again, thank you so much! as soon as i understand this first part that keeps hanging me up on personal info im sitting down to write the letter!

oh wait...i hope you read this before you reply...i see where you told me how to write the first letter!!! SO SORRY!!!

so my question now is, after i dispute my personal info, i guess i wait 30-45 days for them to reply to this first, then i look to see if anything has come off. after that i send the next dispute letter. just making sure so i do not make a mistake.

thanks again!!!!!!

I'm new too but have 500 problems, you name it, I'm dealing with it or recently have, lol.

I can only speak from experience so if there's anyone else that would like to chime in and help LHCC, by all means.

I sent the first letter disputing all personal information and judgments, I got replies back within 2 weeks or so, all personal info corrected and judgments deleted for the most part. Round 2 is after the 30 days from the Receipt (green cards).

ok got it! so after i get back letters from disputing personal info wait 30 days to send the dispute letters out.

in the same situation with dealing with tons of issues...this economy turned my whole life upside down like most everyone.

thanks again!