Challenge an item before I get sued

fattyz

Hi I'm new over here but not to the site, I spend all my time in Legal. My question is can I act pre emptively and challenge the rest of the stuff on my report that I could get sued for in the hopes the information is no longer available with the OC. This would put an end to them dragging me into court as there are not that many things left (im working on reading my reports thanks to this site THANKS AGAIN AS ALWAYS ;))

If so I'm going to start the letter campaign with the highest dollar amounts first and work through the list. I have no idea if any of the entries are probable deletions or fall into a category that makes them a better choice to attempt removal. I plan to do a few a week and not file bankruptcy unless I find out the mortgage entries are not SOL and they can still come after me for them. (I believe they are and were eliminated when the house got sold twice)

Thanks

FattyZ

Absolutely you can! That is the point of disputing and requesting validation. I would send letters as many creditors as you can at once, depending on how many are on your reports, and that you can keep track of at once.

This post explains the dispute process with CAs and CRAs. This explains the 623 method that is used with OCs.

One other "little thingy" you might consider..and this applies to anyone who doesn't plan on applying for credit anytime soon...

I never have done this myself, but I know someone who has...and it seems to have helped him..as I understand he hasn't had any collection problems in quite awhile...no attorneys, no ca's or jdb problems !

CONTACT ALL THREE OF THE CRA'S AND....PUT A FREEZE ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT !!! I understand when this is done, no one can take a "peek" at your report, and you have the option of lifting the freeze.

Your comments please !

That's great thanks, I'd like to get things cleaned up but, If I freeze my report and have to wait three more years till the sol goes by on everything (i had perfect credit and made a bad business deal so it was all in one year) then I could go to work on getting everything deleted. That's new info, I'll be here reading this while I await the judges decision on my last case and get ready to file my appeal.

I'm trying to get the situation nailed down, see what accounts I have to worry about, which ones I can do something about getting off the report and which ones I can stop the CA's from dragging me into court with.

I've gone through the courts on 5 accounts so far and I am trying to read my credit reports and understand them.

Thanks so much I love Creditinfocenter!

M