How to record CA phone calls

jasahj

A collection agency continues to call even after advised inconvenient to call in DV letter. I have pictures of the caller id, with there number but I want to prove it with a recording. As far as I can tell, Wisconsin is a 1 party consent state. Does this mean that I don't have to tell the CA that I am recording the call? What is the best way to record the call? The OC still owns the account and placed for collections. I am trying to document as many violations as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

A collection agency continues to call even after advised inconvenient to call in DV letter. I have pictures of the caller id, with there number but I want to prove it with a recording. As far as I can tell, Wisconsin is a 1 party consent state. Does this mean that I don't have to tell the CA that I am recording the call? What is the best way to record the call? The OC still owns the account and placed for collections. I am trying to document as many violations as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I went to radio shack and purchased a digital voice recorder. It's about the size of a small remote control. And a telephone recording device that's basically a suction cup on one end that sticks to the earpiece of the phone, and a jack on the other end that plugs into the digital voice recorder. I secured the voice recorder to the handset of the phone with rubber bands and the suction cup with electrical tape (suction wasn't very good). It's not pretty, but the whole setup was less than $40.00 and it's already gathered me thousands in possible counterclaims.

As far as I can tell, Wisconsin is a 1 party consent state. Does this mean that I don't have to tell the CA that I am recording the call? What is the best way to record the call? The OC still owns the account and placed for collections.

You should also find out where the CA is calling from. For instance, California is a 2 party state. If a CA calls from a 2 party state, you have to let them know you are recording. BUT, if they ask your permission to record the conversation, you are free to record as well. If they're calling from a 1 party state, record away.

You should also find out where the CA is calling from. For instance, California is a 2 party state. If a CA calls from a 2 party state, you have to let them know you are recording. BUT, if they ask your permission to record the conversation, you are free to record as well. If they're calling from a 1 party state, record away.

Thank you bot for the helpful informaiton. I just have one more question. I know the collection agency is in based in New York. 1 Party state. It is safe to assume that they are calling from the state there businesse is physically located in?

Thank you bot for the helpful informaiton. I just have one more question. I know the collection agency is in based in New York. 1 Party state. It is safe to assume that they are calling from the state there businesse is physically located in?

Google the #, if it's an 800 or 888 #, it should tell you who and where.