Joint HSBC card charge-off/collections??

GertschMom1121

I had a credit card from HSBC on which my mom was the applicant and I was the co-applicant. Long story short (just like everyone else), we hit a rough spot and before we could recover, the account was in collections.

My report now says it's a charge-off and was sold to a collections. It shows the same way on my mom's report. I've been trying to work out a solution with my mom to pay them off and get it all removed but she's uncooperative.

My question is, has anyone had this happen? Any opinions on whether HSBC would let me settle "my half" and fix my report and then handle my mom seperately or are we screwed in this together?

I can afford to pay at least half of the total amount and want to get it resolved, but my mom is the snag here.

I had a credit card from HSBC on which my mom was the applicant and I was the co-applicant. Long story short (just like everyone else), we hit a rough spot and before we could recover, the account was in collections.

My report now says it's a charge-off and was sold to a collections. It shows the same way on my mom's report. I've been trying to work out a solution with my mom to pay them off and get it all removed but she's uncooperative.

My question is, has anyone had this happen? Any opinions on whether HSBC would let me settle "my half" and fix my report and then handle my mom seperately or are we screwed in this together?

I can afford to pay at least half of the total amount and want to get it resolved, but my mom is the snag here.

If HSBC has sold the account, their TL should read "sold/transferred", or something similar. If they have sold it, they no longer own it, so you can't pay them. Is anyone else reporting the same account?