Problem with LVNV Funding

I need some advice.. I settled and paid a credit card account that the JDB LVNV Funding had purchased (I had to for personal reasons). I paid it through their nasty law group collection company who would not do a pay for deletion. I called LVNV Funding and asked since i paid the account are they removing it from the credit bureaus. Their response was they do not remove early that the account will show paid but will remain until 2014. I argued the point that they were not the original creditor but a merely a company that bought the debt and their only purpose is to get money (which they did) and have no reason to want to keep it on my files except for harassment.. They will not budge so my question is, is their any legal way, or any way for that matter, a JDB has to remove their tradeline after payment since they were not the original creditor?

Edited by 1artisan
grammer

Thanks for the info. I did read them and the info is great but my situation is I'm dealing with a JDB.

The sticky deals with that.

Excerpt from sticky:

Back on paid collections, etc.

I just want to tell people again....write or email the higher-ups!!! If you have a paid charge-off, sold charge-off, out of SOL negative account, out of SOL collection, paid collection, falsely reported tradeline (even if slightly false), take action.

Truth is I have been with lexington law firm and they have been disputing it with the CRA'S For 7 months now and it keeps coming back verified. Lexington has sent LVNV Funding DV letters several times within the 7 months with no response either, so I needed to settle so I did and now LVNV won't remove the TL. I just don't know what to doat this point.

I'm not sure what you can do. If you hadn't paid them, I would have suggested you dispute with the CRAs, but, of course, LVNV would verify the TL. Then dispute with LVNV demanding they prove they own the account and have the right to report. If they refused to do so and still verified the account, you could file suit.

Considering you paid them, though, I don't know if you'd be able to now insist they prove they own the account.

• 11 months later...