Macys/Blommingdales: Collection, Best Way to Negotiate

ewing8888

I stopped paying my Macys and Bloomingdales cards about a year ago. the balances are about $400 each which I am willing to pay in Full. I have been trying to deal directly with Macys and Bloomingdales, but I keep getting referred to a collection company called Plaza Associates. Does anyone have advice on the best way to deal directly with Macys? Id like to improve my credit rating and have heard that paying the collection agency will actually lower my credit rating. I do have a mycheckfree account that is still open and could probably pay Macys and Bloomingdales through that but dont have to pay these bills twice. Thanks for any advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how I Can get MAcys and Bloomingdales to take my account back? I've tried called them to no avail. About 5 years ago, i had a few missed payments and paid my balance. I Sent a goodwill letter and they removed it, but so far I have had no luck with them.