In need of some advice with CC's.

CarlitosWay

I currently have 3 CC's that are closed (by credit grantor) and I'm in a payment plan with each of them, but I'm still facing a 16% apr on each ahh!

Capital One:$206 ($500 limit) 120 days delinquent

Chase Cards:$768 ($800 limit) 90 days delinquent

$3281 ($3500 limit) 150 days delinquent

The the last delinquency reported on any of these was about a year and a half ago. I'm doing my best to get the smaller one payed off first as I have been doing 4-5 times the minimum payment on it while paying off the minimum on the bigger ones.

I'm going to be joining the Air Force soon and of course will have to disclose every single thing regarding any financial issues. I'm hoping to pay off this Capital One card in the next month or two.

I'm just wondering if it's even worth trying to pay off the real big one ($3281) right now.

Would it be better to let it go to collections and just offer in writing say $2000 to the CA and only under the circumstance they delete the account? I

The last couple years have been real rough on my family, with my moms boyfriend having to deal with 2 bankruptcies and my mom who has been in and out of the hospital for weeks at a time. I tried to help my family out and I ended up getting myself into this mess. I'm real stressed having to deal with this and college.

I will also be preparing some good will letters and see if I can get any of these delinquencies cut down some due to hardships faced during those times.

Other than these 3 CC's I only have 1 other negative thing which was a medical bill that went into collections that I paid off, which was a measly $81 dollars that was overlooked in between moving. grrrr :/

Edited by CarlitosWay

Would it be better to let it go to collections and just offer in writing say $2000 to the CA and only under the circumstance they delete the account?

It's doubtful the original creditor or a CA will agree to delete the account.

But since you want it paid, try contacting the original creditor to see if they will work with you. Sometimes they will settle for a percentage without a CA involved. If you can't get anyone to help, you might possibly write a good will letter to someone higher up in the company explaining your situation.

Keep reading the boards. Others might have a better suggestion.