"Prior Bad Acts" in civil court

i've heard of this in criminal court. is it possible to introduce prior bad acts in civil court, even if the prior act is outside of the statute of limitations.

as an example:

Midland calls you and harasses you in 2001. they threaten to take you to jail if you dont pay them in 2001. you do nothing about it.

Midland calls you and harasses you again in 2003. they make all sorts of threats and freeze your bank account and take your social security money. you do nothing about it.

its now 2011. midland has taken you to court on a debt that is outside the statute of limitations. they filed a lawsuit in March 2011 against you. although you cant sue on the prior violations under the FDCPA, can you mention them as a patter of past negative behavior?

or does the fact that they are outside the SOL does that mean you cant even mention them?

anyone point me in the right direction.....

its war and i need much ammo

LOL.....Midland seems to be the cluster f***s of all cluster f***s, one decade these idiots have been bugging you, outrageous.

From what I have read, you can't bring forth prior bad acts commited elsewhere and to other parties by the plaintiff, BUT because you say it was a prior bad act committed against you by them i guess it would come down to how well you were able to prove it. The fact that it is past the statute of limitations would certainly be in your favor.

I'm sorry but once you get past the injustice that is all the defaults that Midland gets on a daily basis, which is anything but funny, Midland's record (just counting the record of cases with accounts on this website alone) of incompetance against people who know their rights is absolutely hilarious, I mean what a bunch of knuckleknobs.

"as an example:

Midland calls you and harasses you in 2001. they threaten to take you to jail if you dont pay them in 2001. you do nothing about it.

Midland calls you and harasses you again in 2003. they make all sorts of threats and freeze your bank account and take your social security money. you do nothing about it."

If in fact this has happened, I don't understand why no one did anything about this ! SEEMS LIKE A NO BRAINER TO ME !

If it were to happen to me, I would advise them to pack a clean set of underwear and a jar of vaseline...cause they would definitely loose their a$$-ETS where they were going after I got thru with them !

A few years ago I get this letter from a "Law Firm" in California about a defaulted account. I called them and pretended I was a real dumb a$$-et and tried to sound very frightened. I strung this guy out for a good half an hour on the phone while he was telling me how I had committed fraud, was a deadbeat...you all know the drill and crap these guys can put out. I (being as intimidated and as close to tears as I could sound) let this fool ramble on and on ( hmmm..I didn't tell him until just before I hung up about all the laws he had violated, and that our conversation had been recorded as evidence) I then sent a cmrr letter to this law firm citing the above and demanded they CEASE AND DESIST ! This guy had told me his name and I sent the letter to him personally as well as to the CEO of the Law Firm ! I wonder if he is now one of those guys you see holding up signs "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" !

Oh well, it's been years ago...no more letters from this firm !

You know, that is the weird thing about my case, the idiots have not hardly called me at all. When I got a letter from the lawyers the JDB got here in my state, I got like two or three calls I didn't anwser, but no calls at all since the suit was filed.

I was of the opinion, because I had no recieved any calls since the suit was filed, that they were prohibited to contact me. Since I have read other accounts of people still getting calls, I guess that is not the case.

You know, that is the weird thing about my case, the idiots have not hardly called me at all. When I got a letter from the lawyers the JDB got here in my state, I got like two or three calls I didn't anwser, but no calls at all since the suit was filed.

I was of the opinion, because I had no recieved any calls since the suit was filed, that they were prohibited to contact me. Since I have read other accounts of people still getting calls, I guess that is not the case.

I don't think you should make that assumption, thats the part that gets tedious, looking at every detail and trying not to make any assumptions at all

I would find every case involving Midland and cite as case law. The more you can show them on the violating end and why, the better. All FDCPA suits are federal so any suit involving Midland can be referenced. Just search google scholar and make the list.

I have sent Midland three C&D letters, all of which they have ignored. They still flood my mail with 3-5 notices a week. And they are never the same! I can get 3 of their stupid invoices in one week and the totals are all different. Someday these morons will get shut down.