maddie6

Has Anyone Heard of Baker, Sanders, Barshay, Grossman, Fass, Muhlstock & Neuwirth?

Hi!

I had just received a validation letter today from this law firm/collection agency called Baker, Sanders, Barshay, Grossman, Fass, Muhlstock & Neuwirth.

They are verifying this debt that is in possession by their client, whom I have never heard of named Pride Acquisitions LLC. (This debt was Chase's.) I had tried researching Pride Acquisitions LLC, and I only get this highly suspicious webpage that only has the name Pride Acquisitions LLC on it and a phone number with only the area code displayed (516). The phone number is all in zeros!

They are telling me that there is no attorney who has personally reviewed the circumstances of my account, but I have been assigned to an agent of theirs to be my account representative in regards to communication in regard to my account.

And in a number of significant places on this letter, there is this statement:

"This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt; any information will be used for that purpose. At this time, no attorney with this law firm has personally reviewed the particular circumstance of your account."

On the back of the letter is information that is reading like an ad, stating to "use your tax refund towards paying the debt, that for every dollar you pay, the client will match every one of my payments dollar for dollar."

There is a 2nd page that is a "double credit" offer form to fax in to their office, providing three ways to pay on the debt by; either mailing the payment in, signing up for automatic withdrawal, or by paying with a credit card.

There is a space at the bottom of this form asking you to fill out your name, today's date, your address, home and work numbers, and to provide your signature.

And, again, under all of this on this 2nd page is this statement:

"This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt; any information will be used for that purpose. At this time, no attorney with this law firm has personally reviewed the particular circumstance of your account."

Does anyone know if these people are debt collectors or is this a law firm? Is this a precursor to being sued over the debt?

Please help.

Thank you for your time and attention to my message.

Sincerely,

Maddie 6

Edited by maddie6
forgot to post information on stated client

Sounds like they represent a JDB who has bought your debt. Whether or not they'll actually sue you is to be determined. I used to get those all the times, saying things like, "Your file has not yet been forwarded to our legal department, you can make arrangements to pay it now"; or "Your file will be forwarded to our legal department at 3 PM tomorrow and decision will be made with or without your involvement"; or other such nonsense.

Basically, they use these tactics to try and get you to pay. Simply because they're a lawfirm doesn't mean they're going to sue you. They may not even be licensed to practice law in your state (but that wouldn't prevent them from attempting to collect a debt in your state).

I have one lawfirm, Lawfirm of Larry Hecker, who has quite an online reputation for being a sleezebag. They call me all the time. He's licensed to practice law in NJ, and I'm in TX. Plus, the debt he's calling about is past the statute of limitations anyway. So I know they can't sue me.

Nevertheless, they call every once in a while or send letters, trying to use the fact that they're a "law firm" to try and intimidate me. I just ignore them. I'm happy to have them waste their time. (I don't answer my phone unless I recognize the number, so I end up never speaking to them.)

So don't freak out because it's a lawfirm. They're just trying to collect a debt. And many JDBs are under a "lawfirm" banner. That just means the guy who owns it has a law degree. But it may be an office of 100 debt collects who never do anything but collect debts.

Is your debt even within the statute of limitations? When was the last time you made a payment on it? What state are you in?

I can guarantee you beyond the shadow of a doubt that they will sue you. Baker Sanders is a new player in the debt buying world. They recently purchased a large portfolio of large balance, recent (less than 2 years old) Chase paper and are actively suing on a daily basis. They only purchase paper in states that they are licensed and have practicing litigators working in. They also don't operate in states without severe post judgment remedies allowed by those states. My suggestion to you is to work with them now on a voluntary basis before you no longer have that option. They are extremely aggressive with an extremely experienced staff that does not make mistakes when it comes to the FDCPA...in fact, you may never even receive a call from one of their collectors. You may just be visited by a process server or the county Sheriff.

I can guarantee you beyond the shadow of a doubt that they will sue you. Baker Sanders is a new player in the debt buying world. They recently purchased a large portfolio of large balance, recent (less than 2 years old) Chase paper and are actively suing on a daily basis. They only purchase paper in states that they are licensed and have practicing litigators working in. They also don't operate in states without severe post judgment remedies allowed by those states. My suggestion to you is to work with them now on a voluntary basis before you no longer have that option. They are extremely aggressive with an extremely experienced staff that does not make mistakes when it comes to the FDCPA...in fact, you may never even receive a call from one of their collectors. You may just be visited by a process server or the county Sheriff.

Wow, does mickeymantlewasagod sound like an employee of Baker Sander, or what?!?! I mean, he stopped just a little short of declaring them saints and saying that you should be grateful that they bought your debt!

Maddie: you should note that mickeymantlewasagod just joined the forum this month (probably today), and that post to you was his only post so far. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that he was an agent of the JDB.

They are extremely aggressive with an extremely experienced staff that does not make mistakes when it comes to the FDCPA

That was my favorite part. LOL :-)

Baker, Sanders, Barshay, Grossman, Fass, Muhlstock & Neuwirth??????

Has anyone of us ever heard of them?

Wow, that lawfirm name is quite a mouthful.

Geez, I wonder if they should add another partner or two on. Then it would really be impressive.

Sorry to speak up, but I just couldn't help myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baker, Sanders, Barshay, Grossman, Fass, Muhlstock & Neuwirth??????

Has anyone of us ever heard of them?

Wow, that lawfirm name is quite a mouthful.

Geez, I wonder if they should add another partner or two on. Then it would really be impressive.

Sorry to speak up, but I just couldn't help myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young they ain't! ;-)

Ever heard of The Law Firm of Eric M. Berman? He loves representing Discover Bank. He joined forces with Banker, Sanders, Barshay, blah, blah, blah, & blah last year.

I used to work for Baker Sanders Barshay et al. While I no longer do, I can tell you that they are as cutthroat a collection attorney firm as you can find. Eric Berman passed in October 2010 and he shared alot of knowledge with them prior to his passing. Again, they do not purchase out of statute paper. They also only deal direct with banks and only with debt buyers that provide them with hardcopy and electronic copy proof of the debt. With that being said, they are also debt buyers themselves. They purchase under the name of Zeus Credit. They are as good at post judgment remedies in collections as they are in no fault insurance. Again, I would strongly suggest you deal with them voluntarily. Of course, you could always string it along, for as long as you can, however, I can guarantee you beyond the shadow of a doubt that you wont win.

Wow, does mickeymantlewasagod sound like an employee of Baker Sander, or what?!?! I mean, he stopped just a little short of declaring them saints and saying that you should be grateful that they bought your debt!

Maddie: you should note that mickeymantlewasagod just joined the forum this month (probably today), and that post to you was his only post so far. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that he was an agent of the JDB.

That was my favorite part. LOL :-)

They make no FDCPA mistakes because they have no more collectors. The accounts are scored prior to placement. The good get sued 40 days after the initial demand letter. The top 70% of the bad get sued 40 days after the initial demand letter and the top 10% of the ugly get sued 40 days after the initial demand letter. Paralegals are used to run interference for all settlements and payments in full, validation requests etc...The compliance officer spent 30 years as a consumer advocate attorney prior to changing teams...they have every base covered...they play by the book because Eric Berman all but wrote the book.

Eric Berman passed in October 2010 and he shared alot of knowledge with them prior to his passing.

If Berman joined with Baker Sanders, etc. in 2009, did he still keep his separate law firm?

Again, I would strongly suggest you deal with them voluntarily. Of course, you could always string it along, for as long as you can, however, I can guarantee you beyond the shadow of a doubt that you wont win.

So you're saying that they never lost a case?? That's basically what you're saying here when you say she won't win. You're saying they have a 100% win record? Puhlease.

They make no FDCPA mistakes because they have no more collectors. The accounts are scored prior to placement. The good get sued 40 days after the initial demand letter. The top 70% of the bad get sued 40 days after the initial demand letter and the top 10% of the ugly get sued 40 days after the initial demand letter. Paralegals are used to run interference for all settlements and payments in full, validation requests etc...The compliance officer spent 30 years as a consumer advocate attorney prior to changing teams...they have every base covered...they play by the book because Eric Berman all but wrote the book.

Maddie, don't listen to this JDB troll. It's obvious he's working for someone and just trying to intimidate you. In his own posts he contradicts himself. On the one hand, he says that he can guarantee you that you'll get sued. On the other hand, he writes above that only a certain percentage of cases will get sued.

Plus, the rhetoric he uses ("all but wrote the book") is so hyperbolic as to be hysterical.

Don't listen to this person. Get advice from others in this forum who have been around a while.

I'm not saying that they won't sue you. If you're debt is within statute and you have some assets or make good income, there's a good chance you'll get sued. That's always a possibility. But don't take it as a given that you'll get sued, as this JDB troll would like you to believe.

Even if it's true that he no longer works for Baker, Sanders (which I don't necessarily believe), that doesn't mean that he doesn't work for another JDB and spends his days trying to get people to pay up. His posts here would just be an extension of that mindset.

(This and other forums serve as an obstacle to the JDBs' easy victory over people. So coming in here and encouraging people to surrender would be something a JDB agent would do.)

Again, get advice from the people here. Many people have been helped, despite intimidation tactics by CAs.

I used to work for Baker Sanders Barshay et al. While I no longer do, I can tell you that they are as cutthroat a collection attorney firm as you can find. Eric Berman passed in October 2010 and he shared alot of knowledge with them prior to his passing. Again, they do not purchase out of statute paper. They also only deal direct with banks and only with debt buyers that provide them with hardcopy and electronic copy proof of the debt. With that being said, they are also debt buyers themselves. They purchase under the name of Zeus Credit. They are as good at post judgment remedies in collections as they are in no fault insurance. Again, I would strongly suggest you deal with them voluntarily. Of course, you could always string it along, for as long as you can, however, I can guarantee you beyond the shadow of a doubt that you wont win.

But Kryptonite does, in fact, take away their powers.

PMSL...why would you take advice from career deadbeats that don't pay their bills and then try and weasel their way out of it...pay your bills, it makes life easier. Ever notice that these people answer immediately? That's because they have no jobs and now troll these sites, setting themselves up as experts. The only thing they're experts at is getting sued.

Hey Mickey, did you ever consider that sometimes some people can't pay their bills, not because they don't want to but life leads them to places like disability where they no longer make their big paychecks but a measly social security check that barely pays the rent? Or perhaps a divorce that leads one of the parties broke and trying to support children and they have no $$ for the bill. Sometimes things happen in life. Not everyone is a career deadbeat.

I used to have a good job that I loved, worked for a university, have a college degree and then came down with heart failure and kidney failure and barely able to live. Get by on a very small social security check which is problably most people's food budget and don't even get groceries the 2nd half of the month. I am just trying to keep alive with my medical problems. This credit card bill that I can't afford to pay is the least of my worries. I have nothing for them to get or take and I will never be able to work again unless God makes a miracle so not everyone is out charging away with no regard and just wanting to be a deadbeat.

Ever notice that these people answer immediately? That's because they have no jobs and now troll these sites, setting themselves up as experts.

Did it ever occur to you that people don't work 24 hours a day? Did it ever occur to you that people may "troll" these sites instead of watching TV? I don't know anyone on this site who sets himself/herself up as an "expert".

It has occurred to me that debt collectors, JDBs, and some of those knowledgeable (:ROFLMAO2:) telephone reps will troll these sites touting the experience and compliance ( ::laugh::) of those in the debt collection industry.

The person who claimed to have worked for the law firm in question has provided wonderful insight into what the OP might be up against. Perhaps they are more meticulous and analytical with how they collect and sue. Either way, they have to prove their damages in court. Even if they are granted a default judgment they still have to prove up their damages to the satisfaction of the court. And the neat thing is that almost all the states have lower interest rates than credit card or personal loans. So even if they get a judgment against the OP, the OP will be in a better position because usually interest accrues annually and simply, not compound daily like credit cards...AND the courts are far better creditors than actual creditors because you can write motions to set payments etc. So OP don't worry. Learn from what the ex collector has said and then get to the law library to go over some winning pleadings. Not all is lost. AND like I said even if they get a judgment against you, you have a LOT of leverage in setting payments by providing a financial statement. Heck if you are close to insolvency you may not have to pay ANYTHING for a while by court order and I think you have to come back in every six months or so.

As to Chiquita...my goodness you are in a very difficult situation and nobody here would ever say such negative things about debtors because we've all been there. I hope and pray that your health improves and that you don't get stressed out too much with these people...if that's what you want to call them anyway...lol!

career deadbeats that don't pay their bills and then try and weasel their way out of it...pay your bills, it makes life easier.

And now Mr. JDB Troll's true colors shine! Thanks, Mickey, for finally being honest with us! You should have just said right from the start:

"I'm here to get you all to pay us bottom-feeding JDBs who bought debts for pennies on the dollar, but try to collect on 100% of the original debt - plus interest - rather than having you fight us in court. Because fighting us in court sometimes causes us to lose, and that takes away from the profits that we so richly don't deserve."

See? That would've been more honest, Mick!

Edited by nrgins

"Won't Win' ? Bull ****..how can you make such a brash statement? It hasn't even gone to court yet.

SEND THESE GUYS A LETTER ..

... demanding that these guys provide all the docs to support their claim:

Provide an authenticated purchase agreement

Provide a Bill of Sale

Provide a properly prepared

assignment agreement, properly executed, signed and authenticated by all parties concerned.

Demand the original contract and/or terms of agreement/signed application which were in force at the time the alleged account was agreed to.

Demand they produce all transaction receipts bearing your signature.

DEMAND THEY DISCLOSE THE ACTUAL NAME , ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF THE CLIENT WHOM THEY CLAIM TO REPRESENT.

DEMAND PROOF THEIR CLIENT HAD "LEGAL STANDING" IN THE MATTER IN QUESTION, AND HAD LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ASSIGN AND OR SALE THE ACCOUNT IN QUESTION TO THEIR FIRM.

DEMAND TO KNOW THE AMOUNT OF "VALUABLE CONSIDERATION PAID", BY THEIR CLIENT AND OR THEIR FIRM FOR THE ACCOUNT IN QUESTION.

Demand to know why they sent the letter to you in view of the fact that "no attorney has reviewed this account", and therefore had not confirmed "legal standing" at that point .8-) ( this is a tip off that no attorney is in that office)

Remind them that sending "false and mis-leading information" is not only a violation of the FTCPA, but sending false information using the US MAIL( or any other common carrier) is also a violation of US CODE TITLE 18 CHAPTER 63( MAIL FRAUD-COLLECTIONS...FRAUD AND SWINDLES) SUBJECTING THE OFFENDER TO 10 YEARS IN PRISON AND UP TO $1000,000.00 FINE. ALSO REMIND THEM THAT SENDING THE SAME FALSE INFORMATION BY ANY ELECTRONIC MEDIA ( FAX, E-MAIL, E-FILE, ETC) IS A VIOLATION OF THE SAME CODE UNDER, "WIRE FRAUD", and also provides similar penalty.

Also remind them that any statement or affidavit must be made UNDER OATH by someone who has "personal and first hand knowledge" of the matter in question, AND THAT INDIVIDUAL must have personal knowledge of those events. Regurgitation ( making a statement based on what someone else said or did") is not acceptable.

ALSO REMIND THEM THAT ANY ATTORNEY INVOLVED IS SUBJECT TO "THE ATTORNEY ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1995"

Also remind them that any documents they have must be"ACTUAL AND FACTUAL" , AS COPIES MADE FROM A COMPUTER SCREEN IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, and documents generated by them WITHIN THEIR OFFICE would also constitute FRAUD, AS WELL AS CONSTITUTE "COMMITTING FRAUD UPON THE COURT", if so used.

Close by stating" It is my intention to hold your firm and all individuals involved both corporately and individually liable in this regard. You are directed to VALIDATE THIS MATTER IN IT'S ENTIRETY and reply to me by FIRST CLASS MAIL WITHIN 30 DAYS, pursuant to my taking further action, to include:

Filing a complaint with the FTC, State Attorney General's Office in my state, as well as inquiring with the US Postal Service Fraud Division for their review and possible prosecution.

YOU ARE FURTHER ADVISED THAT ALL COMMUNICATIONS ARE TO BE BY US MAIL ONLY....TELEPHONE CALLS TO ANY NUMBER WHICH YOU HAVE ON FILE ARE NOT PERMITTED.

Send your letter by FIRST CLASS, CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED TO:

THE CEO AND GENERAL MANAGER OF ACCOUNTS ( to their address)

( MICKY MANTLE was NOT A GOD...MY GOD IS ALIVE AND WELL...MICKY MANTLE IS DECEASED....AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT...HE DID NOT WALK ON WATER...(although he may have turned water into wine, as I understand he had quite a problem with alcohol)

Edited by Prosay
PMSL...why would you take advice from career deadbeats that don't pay their bills and then try and weasel their way out of it...pay your bills, it makes life easier. Ever notice that these people answer immediately? That's because they have no jobs and now troll these sites, setting themselves up as experts. The only thing they're experts at is getting sued.

Naw. we ain't experts...but thanks to this forum" , we ain't the least sophisticated consumers" either !

FLEESUM, CHEATUM, HOWE and MIDULFINGER ,

Yore attorney's at law, which ain't never dun went and lost a case.

....cause we rote the book...