Jump to content

Amex suing in CA


Recommended Posts

So Amex sent my account to Zwicker& Associates a year ago. They put me on a payment plan to avoid a lawsuit, but I had one payment returned last month, which I ended up paying about 3 weeks later. In the meantime, they began the filing of the official lawsuit, so they told me it was too late to withdraw it. They told me I could continue the payments (first one due next week) and sign a stipulated agreement. I have been waiting for the agreement, but it never arrived; however, I was just served with the lawsuit.

I am willing to pay the full balance, but should I sign that agreement? I am afraid that if I do it will stay in public records forever and impact my credit history. I don't know if I can still switch to arbitration. I will obviously need a lawyer at this point, but I was wondering what everyone else thought...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.