Website for JDB to purchase affidavits

5.00 for a affidavit, wow!

I'll send them an email and ask how much it is to buy a regional portfolio, I have organized a non profit corporation with the mission of reducing poverty by purchasing and forgiving defaulted debt, (in my spare time) getting the 501 c3 tax exempt application ready to file now.

WAY TO GO DAVE, now that is thinking and taking the moral initiative to the max there. I am definatly going to become active in helping people out in my area if and when my case comes to a positive conclusion. My idea was simply to keep track of JDB court filings and to actually visit their intended victims and inform them that they should fight the claim as they will probably be able to beat the JDB, also give them this website address and help them as much as I can without acting as a lawyer.

Someone else has a thread weeks back about the subject of buying your own debt, but you are really going the extra mile, great idea!!!!!!

HMMM...MAYBE WE SHOULD CONTACT THESE GUYS, and offer TO BUY OUR OWN ACCOUNTS...how about offering them , say, 2 cents on the dollar !

Heck, I could buy all of my accounts for about $30.00 ...and then file a "non-suit" against me and my wife !

And then I would ask myself to provide me with Validation...and demand that I remove all negs from my Credit Reports, or I would see myself in court !

( Hey, we gotta run lite, every now and then ! LOL !!)

But of course they will probably sale portfolios..not individual accounts...anybody got a few hundred thousand dollars to spare ?

Edited by Prosay

HMMM...MAYBE WE SHOULD CONTACT THESE GUYS, and offer TO BUY OUR OWN ACCOUNTS...how about offering them , say, 2 cents on the dollar !

Heck, I could buy all of my accounts for about $30.00 ...and then file a "non-suit" against me and my wife !

And then I would ask myself to provide me with Validation...and demand that I remove all negs from my Credit Reports, or I would see myself in court !

( Hey, we gotta run lite, every now and then ! LOL !!)

But of course they will probably sale portfolios..not individual accounts...anybody got a few hundred thousand dollars to spare ?

Well I don't ever expect to see any of my accounts, but I have formed non profits in the past, done the whole ball of wax as far as funding, and writing successful grants, its what I'm familiar with, I understand how it works.

I'll find some funding, these things start small, take Mothers Against Driving Drunk, one person can make a difference, I was on the Michigan State Board for MADD too at one time.

Edited by antiquedave

That is what its all about; doing right to help others. We know that just because things might be LEGALLY allowed, that doesn't make them morally just. It is unjust for anyone to sue somebody when they're in debt and cannot make ends meet; especially if the debtor had a good payment history prior to their default. To me, sleeping soundly at night is a far better way to live a good quality of life than to make lots and lots of money at somebody else's expense.

I don't knock inventors and those who actually contribute to society in some way; they ought to be paid well with their patents etc. But what do debt buyers do for society? Sue people when they're down and out and wreak havoc on their already stressful lives! That is legal but immoral. What you suggest is wonderful. Count me in if you really are serious.

I agree. It is a fabulous idea. I too would like to be involved. Not that I have much to bring to the table being so new at all of this. I think what you are doing is very noble. Those dirtbag JDB's have no conscience or backbone and prey on widows, orphans and good people who've been hit by hard times.

I'm all for sticking it to them any way we can!!!!

Prior to 2008 I don't think this could go anywhere, but after the excesses and bloat of the bail out and the millions of families that have been knocked down into the dirt when the economy collapsed and subsequent JDB boom. Well I think its time for something else to happen.

I think the timing is right. My focus is on Michigan, and I'll post all of the corporate documents online as well as the step by step to organize State Chapters. Its not something an individual can control, it falls more under the shared dream concept.

It works when others can take what I started and form their own independent State Chapters for a lack of a better description that can work together. With 501 C3 Tax exempt status I see being able to get some defaulted debt donated, it might be past sol or have other defects but to start it really doesn't matter. What matters is being able to send out the notices that the debt was forgiven and was a gift, (won't the IRS love that)

call me crazy, won't be the first time

Well I don't ever expect to see any of my accounts, but I have formed non profits in the past, done the whole ball of wax as far as funding, and writing successful grants, its what I'm familiar with, I understand how it works.

I'll find some funding, these things start small, take Mothers Against Driving Drunk, one person can make a difference, I was on the Michigan State Board for MADD too at one time.

Just having a little fun, antique, my friend. You have a very big, generous heart...I like your style...and I wish you the most success !

Just having a little fun, antique, my friend. You have a very big, generous heart...I like your style...and I wish you the most success !

I took it as tongue in cheek so no miscommunication between us, I've seen you post something similar before on the subject of buying your own debt.

Its an experiment to be sure, as soon as my son gets done reworking the css file I'll post the bylaws and incorporation documents.

5.00 for a affidavit, wow!

I'll send them an email and ask how much it is to buy a regional portfolio, I have organized a non profit corporation with the mission of reducing poverty by purchasing and forgiving defaulted debt, (in my spare time) getting the 501 c3 tax exempt application ready to file now.

Wow, what a great idea! Good luck with that, Dave!

(Hey, why can't we buy our own debts from the OC for 2%?... LOL)

WAY TO GO DAVE, now that is thinking and taking the moral initiative to the max there. I am definatly going to become active in helping people out in my area if and when my case comes to a positive conclusion. My idea was simply to keep track of JDB court filings and to actually visit their intended victims and inform them that they should fight the claim as they will probably be able to beat the JDB, also give them this website address and help them as much as I can without acting as a lawyer.

Someone else has a thread weeks back about the subject of buying your own debt, but you are really going the extra mile, great idea!!!!!!

Another great idea! Glad to see all these great people around, helping people out!!!

You know, when I got sued, I got these letters in the mail from attorneys who wanted like $1500 to represent me. I suppose you could do the same thing - just send general letters out with info, and with the URL of this web site.

I'd just be careful to cover your bases to make sure it couldn't come back and bite you, with someone suing you for misleading them or something. I wouldn't put it past people these days....

How about this approach to JDB's ?

If you receive a dunning letter from a JDB...

Reply with" In view of the fact that you have purchased this alleged account for a mere fraction of the amount so claimed, $2500.00 example) in your letter, please substantiate your actual ownership of this alleged account by showing a verifiable and authenticated BILL OF SALE as well as an authenticated purchase agreement SHOWING "VALUABLE CONSIDERATION PAID" FOR THIS ALLEGED ACCOUNT.

I would appreciate your earliest reply as it is our desire to reach a FAIR and EQUITABLE SETTLEMENT", but it is imperative that we are provided with accurate documentation on which a FAIR settlement will be offered.

Please understand that we are not refusing to pay any legitimate amount, however we request that you substantiate the amount so alleged by providing us with all the details of how you arrived at this amount in accordance with ''THE TRUTH IN LENDING ACT" IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE REQUESTS.

LACK OF PRIVITY..Further more, we are of the opinion that the doctrine of 'LACK OF PRIVITY" may apply in view of the fact that we have never had any business dealings or an agreement with your firm. If you disagree with this observation, please explain why."

Now if they come back with " the amount they paid( valuable consideration)

...say ...$60.00 (which they probably won't disclose), then offer to settle for $60.00 plus the prevailing interest rate of , say 5%, or $63.00....OR EVEN 100% RATE OF RETURN...$120.00.

It's doubtful they will disclose anything, especially the amount paid, but this should put you in the position of informing the court that you have previously offered a 'FAIR AND EQUITABLE SETTLEMENT", SHOULD YOU BE SUED.

Might be a long shot...what do you guys think ?

AGAIN, I AM NOT OFFERING LEGAL ADVICE...just a different approach.

Edited by Prosay

Reply with" In view of the fact that you have purchased this alleged account for a mere fraction of the amount so claimed, $2500.00 example) in your letter, please substantiate your actual ownership of this alleged account by showing a verifiable and authenticated BILL OF SALE as well as an authenticated purchase agreement SHOWING "VALUABLE CONSIDERATION PAID" FOR THIS ALLEGED ACCOUNT.

I would appreciate your earliest reply as it is our desire to reach a full and EQUITABLE SETTLEMENT", but it is imperative that we are provided with accurate documentation on which a FAIR settlement will be offered.

...say ...$60.00 (which they probably won't disclose), then offer to settle for $60.00 plus the prevailing interest rate of , say 5%, or $63.00.

It's doubtful they will disclose anything, especially the amount paid, but this should put you in the position of informing the court that you have previously offered a 'FAIR AND EQUITABLE SETTLEMENT", SHOULD YOU BE SUED.

Most businesses expect to double the price that they paid for a product when they sell retail so even if you made a stipulated offer for 120.00 to settle you'd have to have a judge that wouldn't get p'd off for you doing it. If I could get that far with a jdb case I'd try it.

I would appreciate your earliest reply as it is our desire to reach a full and EQUITABLE SETTLEMENT", but it is imperative that we are provided with accurate documentation on which a FAIR settlement will be offered.

...say ...$60.00 (which they probably won't disclose), then offer to settle for $60.00 plus the prevailing interest rate of , say 5%, or $63.00.

This approach looks pretty interesting !

I would appreciate your earliest reply as it is our desire to reach a FAIR and EQUITABLE SETTLEMENT", but it is imperative that we are provided with accurate documentation on which a FAIR settlement will be offered.

I recently sent a similar one to Asset, quoting their SEC Form 10-K filing. We'll see what their response is:lol:

To Asset:

I have recently reviewed Asset Acceptance Capital Group's most recent Form 10-K filed with the SEC on March 4, 2011. In light of the fact that you have purchased this alleged account for a mere fraction (2.57%) of the alleged amount you claim I owe, $6241.81, in your letter, I demand the strictest proof of the actual Bill of Sale. According to my elementary math, that would be approximately $160.41. Please provide proof of ownership of this alleged account providing a bill of sale along with the purchase agreement showing valuable consideration paid for the aforementioned alleged account.

As soon as I receive your reply I can determine whether a full and equitable settlement may be reached.

Yesterday I was reading some posts about a Kansas law that prohibits JDB's from collecting more than what they paid for an account. I wish more states would enact this law. If more states had that law on the books it might go a long way to put an end to these vulture JDB's.

Yesterday I was reading some posts about a Kansas law that prohibits JDB's from collecting more than what they paid for an account. I wish more states would enact this law. If more states had that law on the books it might go a long way to put an end to these vulture JDB's.

I have also read that Kentucky has this same law in effect...