Mycheckfree.com: Paying Old Debts to ORiginal Creditor

ewing8888

I have two accounts by Macys and Bloomingdales in collections after a year of default. I want to deal with the original creditors and am willing to pay full balance, but they have sold the account to collections. I do though have these bills still in mycheckfree account and was thinking of paying the creditors directly. IF they accept payment, does that mean I can them dispute the account with Experian and then wipe the collection and the original creditor off my account? I appreciate any advice on this.

I wouldn't do anything. If they sold it, it's gone. Its written it off already-

Have you been getting letters from any of the CA's?

I had a Nordstrom account and has been charged off - I called them because they are on my credit report but not the CA who sent me the dunning letters. I was told I had to deal with the CA directly - Have you called the OC? If you want to see if it would fly I would call them first, but I wouldn't just go and pay them online, especially without anything in writing.